Diad Tricks?

Aaron

OK I've noticed in the Diad there's stuff like Hi-Val, Intl, Spec A.

I've been told these help your planed day. But what is everything?

I've been told Spec. A is for Consignee Billing. I learned this one becuase I thought that's where I was told to put the next day airs. Appearently I beat the route by hours.

What else can I do to help my planned day? Mind you I'm not trying to cheat the day, just put in the stuff that I am doing that would help.

ikoi62

havent drivin in a year but i remember there was a place to put over 70's in..for pickups and deliveries..that will help..i know it did with my old route..

W

who me

ikoi62 said:
havent drivin in a year but i remember there was a place to put over 70's in..for pickups and deliveries..that will help..i know it did with my old route..
Go to special counts and small arrow up to over 70 add packages.
Want to really kick ass add a bunch to special "B" and see what happens

ikoi62

showed a new guy that trick one time,and told him just put in how many you pick up and deliver, well he did in a way, but instead of the amount of over 70's he put in the weight of the over 70's his #'s looked great till a super pointed out a few days later what he was doing wrong

Aaron

who me said:
Go to special counts and small arrow up to over 70 add packages.
Want to really kick ass add a bunch to special "B" and see what happens

What is Spec. B? I tried it, and it didn't seem to do anything. I mistakenly put my next day airs in spec A and beat my route by 7hrs. :ohmy:

Is there a count for Irregs?

I know about Service Provider (#7) when someone asks questions and the sales lead function.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
While it might be funny, what "who me" suggested can get you fired, esp if you are on bonus. Anything that allows you to stay out later, or makes you more money can be considered stealing by the company. and they will catch you.

d

W

who me

dannyboy said:
While it might be funny, what "who me" suggested can get you fired, esp if you are on bonus. Anything that allows you to stay out later, or makes you more money can be considered stealing by the company. and they will catch you.

d
Yes it will,but of course always deny,deny,deny.

fedxsux

always put the "floors", "suites". It added about 40 minutes to my plan day. Also, scan all your packages you pick up. keep in mind I have 120 business stops and 10-15 apartment stops daily.

Aaron

always put the "floors", "suites". It added about 40 minutes to my plan day. Also, scan all your packages you pick up. keep in mind I have 120 business stops and 10-15 apartment stops daily.

I have mostly residental, so my pickups are next to nothing. With the little I pick up, it has made a difference. (thanks)

This isn't much, but I find that it helps when you need to key in TN. The Cycle key can also be used as a shift key. i.e Diad is in 123 mode. Shipper number is X50-A17 Hold Cycle down press X. When you let go, you are still in 123 mode. works both ways.

mrbill

take your name off the dadd, you see it when you punch in and they cant contact you

turn the radio part of the diadd off for a while, they can not contact or track you gps :thumbup1:

Megansman

Thanks Chronic for the shift key tip -- I get so frustrated after keying in 18 digits of CZERGYJKSDWRVTHJ and gotta start all over... or type a response to dispatch...

What is special B for anyways? Had a driver use that for picked up airs, bonused a bunch and was pulled aside and told to NEVER do that again.

dammor

showed a new guy that trick one time,and told him just put in how many you pick up and deliver, well he did in a way, but instead of the amount of over 70's he put in the weight of the over 70's his #'s looked great till a super pointed out a few days later what he was doing wrong

That stupid mistake will get you fired in a heartbeat. It happened here. When you're board show's you have more over 70's then you do total packages someone will notice. I don't use any of the special features. Seems some are too worried about the numbers. Running over will not get you fired. Trying to beat the system by being creative will get you fired every time. If you choose to use them be sure you understand exactly how they should be used. This system is new and we have had very little training on how these features are to be used. I doubt that many in our center management even understand the right way. Point is, if you don't understand it, don't do it. Ask your sup. He or she will need to find the correct way and let you know.

C

cali driverty69yh

over 70 special a is designated for anytime you del a over 70. Special b is when you pick up a over 70. I have driver handbook to specify differences.w

old levi's

blank space
I don't even bother entering my over 70 pkgs. because with the Voodoo numbers I suspect that the time spent entering the info. into the diad is greater than the additional allowance.