DIAD V Revealed

brownrod

Looks great!

But if you look closely at the picture it seems the signature button is still in the same spot where everyone thumb will hit it when they hold it.

A camera the help with DFU's ? To me that means if I DR a package at a questionable place I snap off a few photos to get some evidence? Or if I'm not 100% sure I'm at the correct location because the houses are unmarked and no one is home then take a photo.

Looks great!

But if you look closely at the picture it seems the signature button is still in the same spot where everyone thumb will hit it when they hold it.

A camera the help with DFU's ? To me that means if I DR a package at a questionable place I snap off a few photos to get some evidence? Or if I'm not 100% sure I'm at the correct location because the houses are unmarked and no one is home then take a photo.
I could see if there had been previous problems with a consignee concerning damage issues where the camera would come in handy.
Stug, be careful, be very careful with this function.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
<LI class=bwlistitemmarginbottom>Faster Wi-Fi support (600 mbps) to enable larger and richer content downloads such as training videos to 90,000 drivers simultaneously.
now there is a great idea.

i can see it now, your out on an over dispatched day, trying to get deliveries and pickups made, and some guy, a thousand miles from your location decides that its time all the drivers in his region watch a training video.

why not reruns of star trek or i love lucy?

i love better stuff, but sometimes you have to wonder.....

but then again, if your region management team can do training vids from the corp office to each drivers diad, what do they need local management for again?

d

EmerCond421

Looks great!

I could see if there had been previous problems with a consignee concerning damage issues where the camera would come in handy.
Stug, be careful, be very careful with this function.

I also think that it looks great! Small and portable like other carriers have, looks user friendly, now if they revamped the program.... hope it's not a multi-step input for each function.
Would love to be able to try it out....but since we're so far out in the boonies we probably won't get the new version 'til 2012 or later. :dissapointed:

Cezanne

now there is a great idea.

i can see it now, your out on an over dispatched day, trying to get deliveries and pickups made, and some guy, a thousand miles from your location decides that its time all the drivers in his region watch a training video.

why not reruns of star trek or i love lucy?

i love better stuff, but sometimes you have to wonder.....

but then again, if your region management team can do training vids from the corp office to each drivers diad, what do they need local management for again?

d
Great, now you did it, now look for phase II of this regional consolidation..

Last edited:

Dustyroads

Perhaps we will photograph every driver release package we leave without meeting the consignee. I'm sure it would only take a couple seconds to do this, and it would have some interesting results. Undoubtedly, we would have cleaner driver releases, as drivers would know each one was being scrutinized or could be. There might be some issues of drivers being disciplined for bad dr's based on photographic evidence. There might be some customers who are unhappy with their place being photographed. I'm sure it may be a can or worms. But, on the upside, looking at these photographs posted, I'm all ready for it!:funny:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I need P-Man to weigh in on the new hardware platform before I can form an opinion of the new
BROWNBERRY

2252-jpg.11814

Last edited:

johnoutdoors

The article says rollout will be late 2010. Are they going to do the same as they did to us with DIAD IV? First week of December, here you go...

cino321

You know i would love to use that rather then the big peace of board that nearly brings my pants down

Don't use the clip!

Now we're going to get pouches and look super homo like the guys who wear purple already.

I always carry the diad, never used a clip in my life.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
is it just me, or would it not increase business if we sculpted our drop boxes a bit different? like maybe use the ah .......well you catch my drift.

just drop it in the slot......we will take gooooood care of it.

hell, i see a whole new ad campaign evolving

d