DIAD V Tips and tricks?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
DIAD V is so over, my center is on to DIAD 8. It tells you how to drive and where to go. Not to mention at each stop it tells you how much time you over you are.
So you got a new sup? Does it talk to you in a condescending voice at an attempt to make you feel like you actually did something wrong?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Diad 5 is too small and light to be used as a last line of defense against dogs unfortunately. The menu is almost exactly the same as the 4. My main complaint is with the touch screen being required on some transactions because I sometimes wear gloves.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Diad 5 is too small and light to be used as a last line of defense against dogs unfortunately. The menu is almost exactly the same as the 4. My main complaint is with the touch screen being required on some transactions because I sometimes wear gloves.

The touch screen is never REQUIRED, you can hit the function key which will assign a letter, or number to correspond to each "button" on the screen.

And, as far as using the DIAD as protection from dogs.....if it's me or Fido, my steel toe boots are the last line, and I'll go down swinging

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The touch screen is never REQUIRED, you can hit the function key which will assign a letter, or number to correspond to each "button" on the screen.

Neat. I only used the D5 for a day when I was on loan to a different center but I didn't see anyway to avoid using the screen for one thing. I can't remember what it was. Maybe for signature requireds? But that's cool to know you can use the function key. I'll have to try to figure that out when my center gets them in a couple months.

And, as far as using the DIAD as protection from dogs.....if it's me or Fido, my steel toe boots are the last line, and I'll go down swinging

I have no problem kicking a dog that is attacking me but I'd rather use something other than my body. If you go to kick, dogs can bite your legs. When swinging a diad at them they can go for your arm but the 4 times I've needed to use the diad I've connected or deterred the dog from continuing without making contact with my appendages. The only times I've actually been bitten was when I made the mistake of scanning and stop completing before getting out of the truck leaving the diad in the truck.

UPSGUY72

I removed the lanyard attached to the Stylist after the first Day of watching the all the Cnee's fumbling around with the stylist being attached to the lanyard.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I removed the lanyard attached to the Stylist after the first Day of watching the all the Cnee's fumbling around with the stylist being attached to the lanyard.

They'll fumble with it alright. I usually slide it halfway out when I hand it to them to sign. "The stylus is hanging out the bottom ma'am." Of course they flip the board upside down and start panicking because they can't find it. "Follow the little wire ma'am, ahh there you go, tricky isn't it?" Then they fumble around trying to put it back in the slot... "C'mon lady, we do this everyday...it ain't that hard."

You know what else I like? When they hit the clarify button mid signature. "Oops, I hit a button...can I do it again?"

#DriverProblems

browniehound

No. If you hold the stop open, then the time stamp is when it was sheeted (not scanned). If you Prerecord it, the time stamp is what time you hit the stop complete button, NOT when you pull it out of prerecord

Where I'm from the time stamp is when I take it out of pre-record and I'm not mistaken. On Friday I took a NDA stop out of pre-record at 1027 and stopped completed it at 1032 and it didn't show as late.

S

serenity now

you must take the stop out of prerecord before the commit and leave it active * big arrow up was describing a stop being accidentally put into prerecord and unaware it was there for several hours * when you take that stop out of prerecord and close it out, it will show late

browniehound

You don't need to use the touch screen and I never do because I always end up missing and pressing a function that I don't want. All you do is hit the yellow button and this assigns a number or letter to each option on the touch screen. It becomes second nature after about 10 stops. For example I scan the package, big arrow down, hit the yellow key, this puts a 5 next to "deliver", hit "5" and then "7" for front door, "1" for MCM, etc.

The only time this won't work is if you're out of the GPS area and the board is red and going off. You have to use the touch screen here. In other words, if you're not at the stop you need to use the touch screen to sheet the package. I'm not sure why.

Also the keys are raised high enough so that they are actually easier to use with gloves than IV.

S

serenity now

No. If you hold the stop open, then the time stamp is when it was sheeted (not scanned). If you Prerecord it, the time stamp is what time you hit the stop complete button, NOT when you pull it out of prerecord

i disagree with your last sentence

browniehound

They'll fumble with it alright. I usually slide it halfway out when I hand it to them to sign. "The stylus is hanging out the bottom ma'am." Of course they flip the board upside down and start panicking because they can't find it. "Follow the little wire ma'am, ahh there you go, tricky isn't it?" Then they fumble around trying to put it back in the slot... "C'mon lady, we do this everyday...it ain't that hard."

You know what else I like? When they hit the clarify button mid signature. "Oops, I hit a button...can I do it again?"

#DriverProblems

You make your customers sign the DIAD? Mine want nothing to do with it, lol.