DIAD V Tips and tricks?

DKNoob

Hi all,

My center (Copenhagen, Denmark) is updating to the new DIAD V and information is sparse. The planned introduction is Monday, the 27th. Can anyone help a guy out with good advice, tips and tricks to make the transition easier?

Thanks in advance,

DKNoob

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Haha...hi DK, the DIAD V has no ABC key, and the keys are smaller. There's a built in flashlight, it's really easy to accidentally hit the function key (which brings up the flashlight option) It has a very large laser field for reading bar codes. Overall it's not so bad. It's not going to be good protection against a dog like the older DIADS. The screen is touch. Use your nail though. I've had better experiences using my nail edge rather than my fat fingers.

Tiny Panda

Its pretty much exactly the same as Diad 4 but with touch screen option, the screen isn't very sensitive so don't go thinking its similar to an iPhone

rkctkc

If you used the 4. The 5 is going to pretty much be exactly the same. The top row if buttons will still all be in the same place except touch screen now. Cod, driver release, signature, all exactly the same. To be honest you really don't need to be trained on it. The friend key to go to menu has its own button now. Same square symbol.

ManInBrown

I'm surprised how durable it is. Dropped it about 3 or 4 times this week in the back of the car. No problem. Not sure if it's just mine or if other drivers have noticed but the touchscreen is kind of weak. Sometimes you have to hit it a few times to go thru at the release location screen.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It has a strap on the back that allows me to be John Wayne when I holster it. I've replaced it twice in 8months due to excessive finger wear.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It has a strap on the back that allows me to be John Wayne when I holster it. I've replaced it twice in 8months due to excessive finger wear.

LMAO!!

I only had the V for about 3 weeks before I retired, and couldn't perfect the "twirl."

Good for you, sir!:wink2:

Cementups

Box Monkey
No real tips and tricks to give. It's a pretty natural progression from IV. If you get good with the function key you don't even need the touchscreen. Easy peasy!!!!

didyousheetit

the best thing about diad v is the speaker in which you have the consignee say their name into. Then the shipper can go online and see and hear the consignee's name

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
DIAD V is so over, my center is on to DIAD 8. It tells you how to drive and where to go. Not to mention at each stop it tells you how much time you over you are.