Did I hear what i think I just heard???

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
But to "upper management"...I have one thing to day to YOU---the attitude of the driver which is the face of UPS has a serious impact on how our company is perceived....if you dont like them youre going to take your business elsewhere....with that kind of attitude it wont be long before customers go shopping elsewhere....:angry:

by the time the company feels the effects of those customers leaving, the upper management making these decisions will be laughing at you from their vacation homes in Malibu, and their body's will still be low-mileage

hell, even if they DID feel the effects immediately, they'd still make out far better than any of us, just look at all the hedge fund guys who made out like bandits while everyone else took the hit

the reason many like you get so mad is because you see their actions and you don't think they make any sense

now look at their actions from the view that they don't care about the future, only what they can get for themselves

now apply that view to not only upper management, but the shareholders, the teamsters, etc.

positive gains in the future is just a bonus..

Integrity

Binge Poster
Its going to be a long year for him. We have a strong union presence in our building, and our Business Agent is like a pit bull on meth when things start getting ugly. Guys like A.G. wind up doing us a favor, because the harassment and excessive overtime causes drivers who could otherwise care less about the union to start getting aware and involved.
soberups,

It would seem to I that if you have a strong union presence in you building, then you would have a strong union presence on your safety commitee.

You have expressed significant dissatisfaction with your committees.

Can you explain the conflicting statements?

Sincerely,
I

menotyou

bella amicizia
by the time the company feels the effects of those customers leaving, the upper management making these decisions will be laughing at you from their vacation homes in Malibu, and their body's will still be low-mileage

hell, even if they DID feel the effects immediately, they'd still make out far better than any of us, just look at all the hedge fund guys who made out like bandits while everyone else took the hit

the reason many like you get so mad is because you see their actions and you don't think they make any sense

now look at their actions from the view that they don't care about the future, only what they can get for themselves

now apply that view to not only upper management, but the shareholders, the teamsters, etc.

positive gains in the future is just a bonus..
I am amazed that there is a manager out there that understands exactly what the problem is with UPS' command. Why don't others? Is it the fear to post it here?

Jim Casey cared about his company. The management now cares about themselves, not the company or its employees. It's like we have been taken over by venture capitalists who are squeezing every drop out of the company and its assets(esp. us) before they break it up and parcel it out. Its like the big sell off will be before 2013. Hope I am not right.:dissapointed:

menotyou

bella amicizia
These free handouts blow my mind. For one, seems half the employees are unfed savages, clamoring for any thing the company wants to pass.

Then with some of them, they want you to recite some safety rule. Like we are dogs who need to do a trick before we get our treat. I'm damn near 30 years old and find that condescending, almost embarrassing.

And lastly, how much does this crap cost?
Do you like poultry?

upserr1

I have a degree from R.A.T., repeater accident training school. Yes, after the eighth work hour of the work day, there is a jump in the number of accidents, at least in package car. Hey,as a result, look at all the jobs we create at Liberty Mutual. And that's a good thing.

Not to mention the body shops got to keep them going to for economic recovery

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
soberups,

It would seem to I that if you have a strong union presence in you building, then you would have a strong union presence on your safety commitee.

You have expressed significant dissatisfaction with your committees.

Can you explain the conflicting statements?

Sincerely,
I

When we have a safety concern, we go through the motions of notifying the "Safety Committee" as a formality, but we utilize the grievance procedure to get the concern resolved.

Union involvement in a worthless "Safety Committee" would serve no purpose except to add a veneer of legitimacy to it. By participating in something, you validate it. Union involvement should be reserved for things that actually make a difference.

Integrity

Binge Poster
When we have a safety concern, we go through the motions of notifying the "Safety Committee" as a formality, but we utilize the grievance procedure to get the concern resolved.

Union involvement in a worthless "Safety Committee" would serve no purpose except to add a veneer of legitimacy to it. By participating in something, you validate it. Union involvement should be reserved for things that actually make a difference.
soberups,

I completely understand your dissatisfaction with how the Union has allowed the company to take over the collectively bargained for Safety Committee process.

I don't understand your idea that the union is not involved and does not contribute to the failure of this critical area of the National Master Agreement.

The contract states that hourly employees (union) can volunteer to serve and after approval by the local union they may serve.

If the local is not checking potential members out and approving them they are not doing their job.

According to the contract all the CHSP processes are approved by the IBT Safety Committee.

If you are dissatisfied with some of these processes, why don't you write the IBT Director of Health and Safety?

It seems to me that you are very dissatified with some of the processes.

Sincerely,
I

TUT

Then with some of them, they want you to recite some safety rule. Like we are dogs who need to do a trick before we get our treat. I'm damn near 30 years old and find that condescending, almost embarrassing.

It is and you should. It tells me how much those above you think about you. They think this is all your minds can handle. It's amazing how far we've come... down the wrong path. Utterly ridiculous. It's up to you guys correcting this next contract. You make more money then ever as a company, time to spread the love again. And please focus on human life qualities, ultimately that is where happiness lies.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
soberups,

I completely understand your dissatisfaction with how the Union has allowed the company to take over the collectively bargained for Safety Committee process.

I don't understand your idea that the union is not involved and does not contribute to the failure of this critical area of the National Master Agreement.

The contract states that hourly employees (union) can volunteer to serve and after approval by the local union they may serve.

If the local is not checking potential members out and approving them they are not doing their job.

According to the contract all the CHSP processes are approved by the IBT Safety Committee.

If you are dissatisfied with some of these processes, why don't you write the IBT Director of Health and Safety?

It seems to me that you are very dissatified with some of the processes.

Sincerely,
I

Quite frankly, I do not think the potential gains would be worth the time and effort.

Trying to improve the Safety Committees on a nationwide basis would sort of be like spending $5K to rebuild the engine in a 1987 Hyundai. What you would wind up with would not be worth anything close to what you had invested.

I have often been asked why I do not join the Committee myself and try to "make a difference" from within. The answer is...I already put in 50+ hrs a week as both a driver and a steward. I feel that I can make more of a "difference" in those capacaties than I ever could as a member of a Committee whose entire purpose is to create as much busywork as possible without actually doing anything. I will not validate it by participating in it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Quite frankly, I do not think the potential gains would be worth the time and effort.

Trying to improve the Safety Committees on a nationwide basis would sort of be like spending $5K to rebuild the engine in a 1987 Hyundai. What you would wind up with would not be worth anything close to what you had invested.

I have often been asked why I do not join the Committee myself and try to "make a difference" from within. The answer is...I already put in 50+ hrs a week as both a driver and a steward. I feel that I can make more of a "difference" in those capacaties than I ever could as a member of a Committee whose entire purpose is to create as much busywork as possible without actually doing anything. I will not validate it by participating in it.
soberups,

Are you currently a shop steward?

Sincerely,
I

A

anonymous6

Okay,so at our usual 'I cant hardly contain myself from the excitement' PCM this morning we were read the riot act about the sudden increase in accidents in our district.Now,accidents are no joking matter,that I will say.And Id bet my left one theres not one driver in ANY center who is hoping he or she has one.But after the PCM,someone asked one of our supes if he thought by chance there was any corelation between the increased stop counts and forced O.T. with why they are increasing...........and being the very forthcoming,upfront honest guy he is stated-"OF COURSE,BUT THEY DONT CARE". "THEY" of course being upper management.
Now,I didnt need to be told they dont care.Thats a forgone conclussion.Caring went out the window a long time ago along with "customer service".But to "upper management"...I have one thing to day to YOU---the attitude of the driver which is the face of UPS has a serious impact on how our company is percieved. And just like shopping in a store for your favorite electronic or car in a dealership,they may have what you want but if you dont like them youre going to take your business elsewhere.WAKE UP and start treating us with respect and make decisions based on reality.Most of us,if not all want to do the right thing each and every day but you're making it increasingly difficult to want to anymore.And witht that kind of attitude it wont be long before customers go shopping elsewhere..........:angry:

a big plus one.

A

anonymous6

I found it quite amusing yesterday when I showed up to work and our so-called "safety committee" was standing at a table and handing out bananas and water bottles as part of their "high blood pressure awareness campaign."

We have drivers being OJS'd and issued warning and suspension letters over bogus "methods" violations as part of the company's new push on production. Routes are being eliminated, forced overtime is on the increase, and production harassment is continous and ongoing. But rather than holding the company accountable for its role in workplace stress---which is a key factor in high blood pressure---our "safety committee" stands around and hands out bananas.

maybe it's bc we are just a bunch of highly trained monkeys???

A

anonymous6

how about we all work like professionals and use the methods we were trained to do. everyone would be way overallowed and management would be forced to make adjustments.

OP, do you have any good suggestions? maybe call in sick more? or just work the methods and prepare for the :censored2: storm?

I'd really like to hear some intelligent solutions.

how about we all work like professionals and use the methods we were trained to do. everyone would be way overallowed and management would be forced to make adjustments.

OP, do you have any good suggestions? maybe call in sick more? or just work the methods and prepare for the :censored2: storm?

I'd really like to hear some intelligent solutions.
Dude quit dodging the question. Didn't you get fired because your brother was working in your place????

A

anonymous6

Dude quit dodging the question. Didn't you get fired because your brother was working in your place????

Since I showed a total lack of Integrity, I was offered a position in management as an on road supe and I took it. Now I'm on the winning side.

We are gonna replace all you monkeys with $8 an hr drivers from Paky and Afghanistan.