Did Not Pass 5-Day Integrad Driver Training

Re-Raise

Start at UPS as an unloader.

Driving Saturday Air within 4 weeks.

1 week training/certification for full time driving in less than 10 weeks.

I have a FT route in less than 4 months of starting with UPS.

Who's laughing now? Epo'u zpv xjti zpv eje uif tbnf?

Pretty humble rookie. This is the post that caused me to register. Your gibberish reads Don't you wish you did the same.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Tell me what you want me to say, I'll say it, you will "win" and we can allow this forum to be what it is supposed to be - a souce for commentary, information, and communication. Please PM me so we don't clog up the board with this crap. 2

New Englander

As long as you fully understand nothing of what you have or are going to do has anything to do with your abilities.

So don't try telling us how good you are. No one freaken cares, let alone The Teamsters.

over10.5

So what is it... Are you a full time driver? Cover driver? Air driver? More info please.
Sounds like you are a preloader that gets to run air once a week.

I`m getting old. I forget, are we supposed to show support here or push people under a bus? Just in case I`ll post two things for BBAG. Please choose what one works for you.

1) Hey,Way to go! Congrats on making driver especially with all the stuff you got to learn nowadays. Be careful and save your knees/shoulders.

2) Jeez rookie. Watch were your going. Who taught you how to back up a vehicle, Stevie Wonder? Don`t run on route,you`ll make the old guys look bad.

Re-Raise

I`m getting old. I forget, are we supposed to show support here or push people under a bus? Just in case I`ll post two things for BBAG. Please choose what one works for you.

1) Hey,Way to go! Congrats on making driver especially with all the stuff you got to learn nowadays. Be careful and save your knees/shoulders.

2) Jeez rookie. Watch were your going. Who taught you how to back up a vehicle, Stevie Wonder? Don`t run on route,you`ll make the old guys look bad.

Did you read the post where he says unloaders should be paid 28.50 and drivers 8.50 because driving is like taking a nap? He is more confident in his position with the company than I am and I have been doing it for almost 23 years.

And as far as making the old guys look bad , I am in the same shape now as I was when I was in college. I don't care how fast someone else can do the job. I don't even look at my times, I work at a pace I feel is fair and try to provide service to my customers.

If that means waiting at the door to help the elderly widow put her box in the house I will.

The reason, I believe drivers are paid well is because we are trusted. Trust comes from proving yourself over time. The company trusts us unsupervised with the pkgs and in our contacts with the customers.

They also trust us to make safe decisions on the roads in sometimes really bad weather.

By the time a part-timer starts driving at my center, the company has a pretty good idea what they are getting. And I do what I can to help them.

BBAG says he should drive because he tells every suit he sees. Talk is very cheap in my opinion.

Re-Raise

Ah the memories.... If he weren't my age he would really remind me of my children.

I have two teenage daughters who sometimes know it all also. They are both into sports and when they were very young, like all kids, they held their ball gloves upside down to catch the catch the ball.

I told them you have to hold it the other way, but they argued they were doing it the right way. Of course they learned better as they got older.

Now whenever they won't listen to me I just say " yeah right , turn your glove over " and they get the point.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Ah the memories.... If he weren't my age he would really remind me of my children.

I have two teenage daughters who sometimes know it all also. They are both into sports and when they were very young, like all kids, they held their ball gloves upside down to catch the catch the ball.

I told them you have to hold it the other way, but they argued they were doing it the right way. Of course they learned better as they got older.

Now whenever they won't listen to me I just say " yeah right , turn your glove over " and they get the point.
Then again Re-Raise, some people never learn from their past mistakes. Tell you what. I'd hate to be a 44 year old guy starting over again and again and again..........:sad-little:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have two teenage daughters who sometimes know it all also. They are both into sports and when they were very young, like all kids, they held their ball gloves upside down to catch the catch the ball. I told them you have to hold it the other way, but they argued they were doing it the right way. Of course they learned better as they got older.

My daughter was like that, too. Only took one time with the ball landing in the glove and then catching her square in the face to make her turn the glove around.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Whatever. He constantly brings attentino to himself, like a 5 year old. If that's what he wants, someone has to bring him back to earth from his reflective fairy tale.

After reading the first 7 threads he made in reference to him becoming a driver and his accomplishments, you would think he'd give it a rest...;O

Humility, and seniority, seem to be as elusive as each other at UPS and come only from many years of tolerance. If at all.