Did Not Pass 5-Day Integrad Driver Training

Azrjn4864

I can't help but be devastated about it... I passed everything but this one last thing... Well, with the exception of the computer testing the next day, but I knew I would pass that with no prob.... But as for as not honking enough...I honked at every movement I made/saw, with the exception of 3 times... But at one point I when I was stopped, I told my instructor that I had been trying to honk my horn but I couldn't hear it and that I couldn't tell if it was my horn I was hearing or all the other students that were driving around me at the same time... I hit it repeatedly and still couldn't tell for sure (it is a small course that your driving on and horns going off everywhere and people yelling, so hearing was a challenge in and of it's self) anyway, she smiled and shrugged her shoulders... She told me I was doing fine and not to worry.... I have also found out that since I didn't complete all of the stops we had to make (a big whopping 4).... that it also counted against me, but here's the thing... I was parked at the next to last stop and was waiting on the guy in front of me to finish and move so I could go but time ran out and he never moved, so I didn't get to finish my last stop because of that, *that also brought my score down... I really don't think that should have counted against me... I couldn't move ahead until he finished... .I just wanted supperballs63 to understand that I didn't mean being tested on my driving abilities was crap, that I meant sitting behind a computer the majority of the day was crap, *when I needed to be behind the wheel practicing....I am just frustrated to the point of going insane!!! I just hope I get to go back ASAP and not have to wait a full year.....one more thing... I'm a woman, not a man!! ;) lol

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I can't help but be devastated about it... I passed everything but this one last thing... Well, with the exception of the computer testing the next day, but I knew I would pass that with no prob.... But as for as not honking enough...I honked at every movement I made/saw, with the exception of 3 times... But at one point I when I was stopped, I told my instructor that I had been trying to honk my horn but I couldn't hear it and that I couldn't tell if it was my horn I was hearing or all the other students that were driving around me at the same time... I hit it repeatedly and still couldn't tell for sure (it is a small course that your driving on and horns going off everywhere and people yelling, so hearing was a challenge in and of it's self) anyway, she smiled and shrugged her shoulders... She told me I was doing fine and not to worry.... I have also found out that since I didn't complete all of the stops we had to make (a big whopping 4).... that it also counted against me, but here's the thing... I was parked at the next to last stop and was waiting on the guy in front of me to finish and move so I could go but time ran out and he never moved, so I didn't get to finish my last stop because of that, *that also brought my score down... I really don't think that should have counted against me... I couldn't move ahead until he finished... .I just wanted supperballs63 to understand that I didn't mean being tested on my driving abilities was crap, that I meant sitting behind a computer the majority of the day was crap, *when I needed to be behind the wheel practicing....I am just frustrated to the point of going insane!!! I just hope I get to go back ASAP and not have to wait a full year.....one more thing... I'm a woman, not a man!! ;) lol
I could have told you THAT!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
we are the highest paid for a reason,, and if you suck at the job i am sorry but i dont want to bail you out every time things go wrong,, which happens ALOT

Azrjn4864

Wow... I thought this site was for ups employees to get together and communicate... Learn about other people who work for the same company as yourself and be supportive, kind, educating, ect, ect.... So far... Not so much.... Thanks... I feel so much better about things.....

C

chuchu

Wow... I thought this site was for ups employees to get together and communicate... Learn about other people who work for the same company as yourself and be supportive, kind, educating, ect, ect.... So far... Not so much.... Thanks... I feel so much better about things.....
Don't feel picked on.....this job gives you (us) an attitude sometimes. By the way, one of our part-timers finally got to go to school (Integrad) and he said there was a supervisor flunked and sent home because he couldn't finish or get the testing correct. Guess who showed up to drive as "seasonal" at our center 3 wks later! Yep, the flunked-out sup. He lasted 2 weeks or so and bailed out because driving was "scary". Send him on to IE and have it over with. We need more management who can't do the job......like they need hair straightener in China.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Integrad hasn't made it's merry way over here yet. I wonder if I'll grandfather in with my old training...I've been on Saturday for...4 or 5 years now. I trained to be a full time driver, washed myself so I could take a combo job, but then my combo disappeared...waiting for my turn again...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
please...don't do this...it's difficult to read...and digest...it's as though you are just ranting and raving with no filter...it's...

;/

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Integrad hasn't made it's merry way over here yet. I wonder if I'll grandfather in with my old training...I've been on Saturday for...4 or 5 years now. I trained to be a full time driver, washed myself so I could take a combo job, but then my combo disappeared...waiting for my turn again...

You should hope that the training DOES make it your way.

You are paid a 40 hour week, generally 9-5pm.

You are trained well, effectively, with a combination of classwork, computer work and driving/methods hands on.

If you "work it" you can really bury your mind and soul in the 340E methods ( you get a copy to bring home, among tons of other material). You will be as sharp or sharper and ahead of the curve on a lot of existing drivers and even some management/sups.

It's really a very good training program, I'm usually over critical about things esp UPS, but I have to say, it's very useful and helped me out quite a bit, even in my 22.3 combo job.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think you misunderstood me... I don't think training for driving is crap.... I meant I thought it was crap that I was sitting at a computer almost 90% of the time I was there and only in a truck like 5 min a day, when at the end of the week 2 of the tests that you pass or fail at requires you to be in a truck not at a computer.... I begged them for lore time behind the wheel actually driving... I'm not blaming my failing on anyone but myself.... Let me make that clear, but I wish I could have drove more... I will go again and be more prepared BEFORE I go to school... I was just sharing my story... All that my story is: went to intergrad busted my ass for a week, then went to intergration station, failed to honk
my horn 3 times, bulkhead door came open as I was turning and failed with an 84, when an 85 was required to pass that particular test... I wanted to share this in case someone else was on here and nervous about going, I thought maybe I could help them... I wish I had had someone do the same for me... That's all

Just remember that, in the end, it is all about who they like (1) and (2) about learning curve. If the training supervisor believes that you were not quite polished and "organized" enough in your methods and you showed enough improvement, you will not make it.

That is the most important thing about integrad:

it's not about how good you are when you started, or when you finished, it's about the amount of progress you made in the middle and how the training sup VIEWED your CAPACITY to adapt to doing the job.

Re-Raise

Just remember that, in the end, it is all about who they like (1) and (2) about learning curve. If the training supervisor believes that you were not quite polished and "organized" enough in your methods and you showed enough improvement, you will not make it.

That is the most important thing about integrad:

it's not about how good you are when you started, or when you finished, it's about the amount of progress you made in the middle and how the training sup VIEWED your CAPACITY to adapt to doing the job.

And who shared this information with you? I am pretty sure you gave up after your little foray into driving didn't you?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Rant about outside noises.......

Rant about another driver being in the way of completing a stop......

Something about being a woman and not a man...........! ;) lol

A) There are going to be noises out in the real driving world that you are going to encounter and have to deal with as well. The other students driving around making noise should not have been a factor.

2) Sometimes in the real driving world people are parked in front of your next stop (How dare they!!!!). Time is of the essence. Get out and walk.

XX) It doesn't matter if your male or female or white or black. Behind the computer we all look like this

Azrjn4864

Aside from not passing, I did have a good time that week.... I learned a lot of things that will help on in the future.... I think everyone that does eventually go to intergrad will walk away with something that will benefit them..... I talked to my sup today and he is going to see how soon he can get me back in.... I would drop everything right now and go.... I can't wait to go back and do it all again.... Next time I wont walk into it blind... I know what needs to be done and what is expected.... There are a lot of things that you aren't aware of at first and that if you do know about them it will make your week SO much easier!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How is that cool?

FAIL.
Um, I was joking. Welcome to the Brown Cafe, BrownArmy.

Have you ever read any posts by anyone else on here, posting for the first time. Welcome to the Brown Cafe, it's called Brown Cafe, because it's NOT Ups.

Haven't seen ya post in awhile, sortaisle, I was about to put you in the http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/what-ever-happened-322415/

Aside from not passing, I did have a good time that week.... I learned a lot of things that will help on in the future.... I think everyone that does eventually go to intergrad will walk away with something that will benefit them..... I talked to my sup today and he is going to see how soon he can get me back in.... I would drop everything right now and go.... I can't wait to go back and do it all again.... Next time I wont walk into it blind... I know what needs to be done and what is expected.... There are a lot of things that you aren't aware of at first and that if you do know about them it will make your week SO much easier!!!
Hindsight is 20/20, now dontcha think you should have said that BEFORE, INTERGRAD?

Azrjn4864

Your right, there the world is a noisy place.... Although, when a driver is out in the "real world" working they don't have an instructor there with them following them and marking points off if you don't honk!! It was a test and I HAD to wait for the guy in front of me to finish... I couldnt get out and walk up to the drop box... I was being graded on each movement I made from inside the truck and outside as well (announcing my presence, knocking, using the diad, ect)... We have to drive to each stop.. If I could have gotten out and walked I would have.... I will say this again... No one failed intergrad but MYSELF.... I Am by no means trying to blame anything or anyone other than myself... I was just trying to be descriptive about the events that took place while I was being tested....
As for being new to this site, yes, I crept around on here reading posts and so forth before I became a member..I know this is not a UPS website...
Again, I am glad I went to intergrad, I am even more happy about going back. I'm hoping to find out this week whether I have to wait a full year or not! **fingers crossed that I don't!**... I drove for pepsi cola, delivering pepsis, for several years prior to UPS, so I know about the real world and how insanely crazy it can be when you are trying to get the work done that you ar expected to get done... That job was commission pay... So I humped it all day, the sooner I finished the better as far as an average of dollar on the hour..

DSJohnson1982

I went to UPS Integrad last week and passed. It was a pretty intense course and started out with 24 and only 15 made it through to graduate Integrad. Anybody that is scheduled to go should def. study and be prepared. Also if you don't know how to drive don't even bother going. You only get about 30 mins behind the wheel to practice for the road test and about 40 mins behind the wheel to practice for Integration Station.

1. Know your 5 seeing habbits and 10pt commentary word for word before you go. Try to test out on this on monday to put it behind you.
2. As soon as you get your paperwork for integration satation memorize the adderesses and what should be done at each stop.
3. Know how to iron and make sure can get a nice shine on your boots. Buying a new pair of boots and wearing them is not acceptable you must polish.
4. Practice on the DIAD as much as possible. You will always have some down time during the day and you should be practicing.
5. Have fun with this classs but take in serious. If you are to stressed about it you will fail. I saw a guy fail on his road test because he was to nervouse to talk.
6. During your road test talk talk talk and keep your hands on the wheel. Don't cross you hands over eachother on turns. Learn to shuffle the steering wheel before you go because its a hard habbit to break.

Good Luck to anyone that attends in the future!!

Last edited:

rocket man

I was going to stay out of this one but I can't help myself. The "coffee, donuts" reference is mocking the way that you went out of your way to introduce yourself to everyone from the janitor to the center manager, proclaiming that you would be the quickest employee to go P/T to driving in our history. Like I said, I wanted to stay out of this one but you made it too easy. BTW, I like my coffee decaf, medium, 4 and 4. Chocolate frosted donuts.
who are you kidding (i cant stay out of it) you comment on everything and most of the time you are wrong