Diesel and AV8

wkmac

In D's case, he's had a motorcycle avatar for some time and now AV8 you've joined the fray. I was feeling really left out so I decided to buy me a bike and add a pic of my motorcycle to the mix. I got my girlfriend to model it!

What ya think?

:lol:

As you can tell, I really take this crap real serious!
:wink2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OK, Ill bite, heres mine. Its a SAM my husband built. Its a self assembled titled 2007, 120 cubic inch panhead.
I was to learn to ride this summer but it didnt work out when he got sick.
But next summer, Ill turn in the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: kickers for some boots, and put the bud away for diet coke (ugh), and Ill join the crowd.
Whatcha think?

Last edited:

diesel96

In D's case, he's had a motorcycle avatar for some time and now AV8 you've joined the fray. I was feeling really left out so I decided to buy me a bike and add a pic of my motorcycle to the mix. I got my girlfriend to model it!

What ya think?

LOL. Wkmac...It's not the size of your hog, it's how you drive it home:peaceful:
Tooner and AV8...nice rides, at least we can agree on somethings.

FYI..I will be participating in the "Toys in the Sun Run" motorcade this Sun morning. The largest motorcyle parade in the country. Every rider and passenger brings a new toy or donation. Parade starts in Pompano beach with police closing I-95 and I-595 corridor to West Ft lauderdale's Markam Park for the 20,000 to 30,000 bikes participating for a great cause.

av8torntn

What ya think?

I think either your girlfriend is a giant or your scooter is a little small.

brett636

Since I don't like going against the trend, in my avatar is a picture of what i ride. It is a bit dissenting from what most of you ride it is mine and I love to ride it when I can. Its where the 636 in my name comes from as the displacement is 636cc.

wkmac

Since I don't like going against the trend, in my avatar is a picture of what i ride. It is a bit dissenting from what most of you ride it is mine and I love to ride it when I can. Its where the 636 in my name comes from as the displacement is 636cc.

Hey Brett,

It's not what you ride or don't ride. If you like it, it's all cool IMO.
BTW: Nice Bike!

wkmac

AV8,

I can't remember which thread but in one we discussed the Pakistan/Afghanistan/Taliban/Al Queda situation verses Iraq. I happen to catch this interview on Fox News yesterday morning concerning the Taliban in Afghanistan and wanted to pass it your way in case you missed it. No real point other than an FYI to you on this subject matter since we were discussing it. I could have PM'd it but decided to share in the open forum in case others missed it as well. I hope this link works.

av8torntn

Curious as to what you see here.

I see great news. This is why. Afghanistan forces did the majority of the fighting here. I did get to talk to one of my buddies this morning and he said we did quite a bit of work but this looks like one step closer to these guys being able to control the taliban on their own which is one step closer to our guys coming home on our terms. I did find it interesting that this General officer thinks we need more force there can you guess why? Okay I will tell you there is sometimes a rift in SOF and regular forces so which side do you think he falls on?

My guess is that you take what he says about wanting more forces in Afghanistan and you want to run with that. The real question is since only about half of our active duty Army has deployed to combat since 9-11 and Congress writing blank checks for the war do you not really think if the powers that be wanted more troops in Afghanistan that they would be there? The real success story is not that we won in Afghanistan it is how we won in Afghanistan. If I remember the story correctly the Soviet military fought to a standstill after years in that country with the game plan that you want. Our side toppled the taliban government with a shade over 200 men on the ground. The overwhelming success that we have had there is very impressive. Would it have been nice if they would have dropped a Ranger BN at Tora Bora? Yes. My guess would be that that is a big decision that went the wrong way. Was it worth not doing to save American lives? I am not sure. It does seem to have worked out for the best for now. If we get Osama or have him than it will end up being the right call in my not so humble opinion. If he died in that fight than it was the right call.

When you keep saying that you want to concentrate on the war against the Taliban I thought at first you would see this article as a success. I never really saw this as a negative. I do think that the original plan was to take back this town with mainly US forces this past spring. I see now why they waited. I will make an educated guess that there were other reasons to wait also. They may have even been waiting for the taliban to come out of their hiding places to rally in town much like we were doing in Anbar a couple years ago. Whatever the reason is I assure you it was not because we did not think we could take it back.

No need to answer any of these questions I know you will take the opposite position you think I take. I just really see this as good news since we have not had lots of success there in the winter.