Discharged for dishonesty and integrity

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This was a great response.

Did you get any heat or did they just avoid you like the plague?

When I pull out the heavy artillery by contacting, Corporate, Help line, OSHA when needed. (I’ve done all multiple times with full support of my Local Officials most of the times) Management never harasses me just all of my coworkers in my area.

They avoid me like the plague but they do try to pit all my workers against me by coming down on them hard.
My relationship with my management Team was never the best. I knew if i made a mistake I'd have the wrath of UPS on me, but that was the last discipline I was ever issued until I retired this year. I had filed MANY 9.5 and Supe Working Grievances over the years,so I was a known entity to management. This particular Onroad and I had a horrible relationship,and I guess his dislike for me over rode him thinking of what action I might take over this.As a side not the Warning Letter was dropped a week later lol

Whereistheunion

My husband was discharged this past friday for dishonesty and integrity. Something about scanning a pick up out of area. I'm so anxious waiting to see what is going to happen with his job. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and what are the chances he can get back to work.
He must of had a target on his back a long time, he was hit with some rare occurrence. He should get his job back. UPS was itching to fire him.

Overpaid Union Thug

“ put that box on my desk , don’t sheet it”
🧔✊
My relationship with my management Team was never the best. I knew if i made a mistake I'd have the wrath of UPS on me, but that was the last discipline I was ever issued until I retired this year. I had filed MANY 9.5 and Supe Working Grievances over the years,so I was a known entity to management. This particular Onroad and I had a horrible relationship,and I guess his dislike for me over rode him thinking of what action I might take over this.As a side not the Warning Letter was dropped a week later lol
Another gem was by one of my former managers. He had made a career out of bouncing around from center to center in our district instructing drivers to sheet business stops as NA1 instead of missed after 5pm. He no longer works for UPS. But, of course, wasn’t fired for dishonest acts or instructing others to do them. It was allegedly for inappropriate texts to a female employee. LMFAO.

joedirt19

I didn't explain in detail cause I am not a driver and don't understand really. He said something about OCA and scanning it right after lunch.
If he is scanning on demand air pickups out of area to save time chances are he is doing other things wrong to save time..sounds like an under 5 year driver mistake..He needs to just admit what he did and say it won’t happen again..If he has been driving for 8 years he should already know to go slow and make dough 🤷‍♂️

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
My husband was discharged this past friday for dishonesty and integrity. Something about scanning a pick up out of area. I'm so anxious waiting to see what is going to happen with his job. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and what are the chances he can get back to work.
What do you mean by that?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Maybe sheeted a next day air. Not in 1 at 10:29. Nowhere near the stop?

Corporate just reinstated Morning NDA reimbursement guarantee, before that it was not important how NDA were delivered or when. Another Catch 22 to watch out for.

The Business Agent involved should be looking into the preload scanning procedures for late or missed air and ground in that building before the company uses the integrity or dishonesty card.

Back From Break
What do you mean by that?

Sounds to me like he already picked up the package but did not scan it. He later took his lunch and then scanned it after lunch.

Probably came off lunch in the DIAD and then "took" (stole) some more time and then scanned the OCA to make it look like he was doing a pick up, not still sitting there extending his lunch.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sounds to me like he already picked up the package but did not scan it. He later took his lunch and then scanned it after lunch.

Probably came off lunch in the DIAD and then "took" (stole) some more time and then scanned the OCA to make it look like he was doing a pick up, not still sitting there extending his lunch.

We aren't supposed to scan pick up packages except for ones people hand us that aren't part of a regular pick up, or ones we get from drop boxes, if I remember the diad training right. The whole "scanning a pick up" off area thing just doesn't sound right, even if it is an on call air. We call those on demand service, whether it's ground or air. That's why I assumed she meant he stop completed a pick up off area, which even my supervisor trained me to do for certain pick ups. He told me to call and ask, because they almost never had anything and they were way out of the way.

AKCoverMan

Supes have also encouraged me to drive pkg cars without a working parking brake, "Oh it's just 10 stops!" "And if the vehicle rolls away at the 9th stop whose job is on the line?" "Okay, okay, we'll figure something out."
Lol had this happen too.. car had no turn signals or four ways.. was covering an air route. center manager said “just be real careful” because doing a car swap would take too long. “OK, can you send me instructions in DIAD to operate the car as is? You’ll back me up if I get a ticket or get in a crash?”

Of course we did a car swap, there were some late reds.

AKCoverMan

Another gem was by one of my former managers. He had made a career out of bouncing around from center to center in our district instructing drivers to sheet business stops as NA1 instead of missed after 5pm. He no longer works for UPS. But, of course, wasn’t fired for dishonest acts or instructing others to do them. It was allegedly for inappropriate texts to a female employee. LMFAO.
Yes, same center manager (long gone now) who wanted me operate car with no signals tried get me sheet closed business after 1700 as NI1 (resi).

Today what I see mostly is management wanting to blame every single service failure from October to April as “weather”. If there is one snowflake on the ground any place in our state they figure they can use weather.

Mislead for another town on a sunny day? ECD
Got 20 stops left at 2130? ECD (We are not required to continue delivering after 2130 in our local.)
Business is closed and you got there too late beucase you didn’t know it business and you followed trace? ECD!!

Apparently over dispatching, misleading, and poor traces are all meteorological event!!🤣🤣

This is where “WAD” is out the door in my opinion. “Work as Directed” is a great fallback right up until you are directed to do something unsafe, dishonest, or illegal. If it’s simply “stupid” I’ll do it if management insists it’s probably putting money in my pocket.

Anytime I refuse to WAD on these grounds, management has always argued fiercely than backed off. Lot of people will just ECD em all if that’s what management wants, I get it they just don’t want to hassle with management. But if weather is not really the cause we are lying to the customer. Remember everything good we get from working here comes to us because of the customers. Not from management or even the union. So I refuse to lie to the customers.

At some point perhaps I’ll get disciplined for it, it would be interesting going to panel for refusing to be dishonest.

JL 0513

Someone wouldn't even get a day off for doing as described by OP in my center. Hard to say without knowing exact circumstance. Especially for 8 year driver. Something else is going on.

Should get job back.

AKCoverMan

Pickups.. I remember one route I used to cover,, the Home Depot on the route had three different pickups in the board at three different times with three different account numbers...the last one was at bottom of pickup list with a scheduled time of 2000 when this route was usually already back in the Building.

We were instructed that in reality there was only one pick up, the so-called “on road pickup” and all we needed to do was ask once when we delivered for outbound and complete all three pickups..

But since that third one was at bottom of list not next to other two it was easy to miss. Many times that pickup was “completed” many miles away right before punching out.