Discharged for dishonesty and integrity

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I disapprove of all mocking and joking in this thread about this family’s situation brought here by the wife of one our fellow worker’s.

Maybe she just wanted to vent, she obviously came here for some support and understanding. Some kindness.

I so appreciate the few who did just that.

For those that constantly mock and joke. I get it.

I was once like that in my youth when my life was miserable. This may not be true for you but this behavior was a small reflection of how miserable I was.

I try not to continually and habitually mock and joke about things anymore. There is a time and a place for joking, but I don’t think this woman’s plight is one of them.
We get what you are saying.

But...

8 year employee fired for ooa scan...

Wife comes here to vent...

Nah.

He either has been lying to her about his disciplines...

Or...

The op is really him trying to gauge his screwup.

Good luck to everyone involved tho.

Whither

Scofflaw
Ok so he had a on call air pick up and stop completed it out of area. So if it's gone this far that means the customer called and said he never showed up to pick up the package but your husband stop completed it as if he attempted the pick up no where near the customer.

That's not good. Air pickups are a big deal.
Depending on the situation he might be able to reasonably claim he mistook it for a ghost OCA. I got two on my easy New Year's Day route this year. The one I was 99 percent sure was a ghost also required a 30 minute trace break to fulfill in the 1 hr window between ready and commit. I made that drive cheerfully, confirmed it was a ghost pickup, stop completed at the location and drove back to finish my last 20 stops :lol:

purehavanne

My husband was discharged this past friday for dishonesty and integrity. Something about scanning a pick up out of area. I'm so anxious waiting to see what is going to happen with his job. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and what are the chances he can get back to work.
If he’s got a hearing that quick it shouldn’t be a big deal. Sounds like a petty retaliation. Only he would know what this is REALLY about. Has he called out lately? Did he refuse to help another driver? Did he drag his feet all day after a bad dispatch?

Dumbo

I can tell you at my building it's common to have pickups in your dispatch every day that are no longer legit. The drivers just close them out. Some pickups have placards that have a barcode that need to be scanned. It's possible to take a picture of the barcode and scan it later. I have done both, closed out pickups that are considered "dead pickups" and one time I scanned the placard after taking a picture of it and away from area. BUT, that was at the direct order of the center manager due to a mistake in the time window for pickup and what the client actually wanted. It was documented through diad text message. Other than that I would never do something like closing a pickup from a different location.

Overpaid Union Thug

The most common dishonest act on the management side is rolling misloads. The instructions they give to drivers that scan them vary depending on the particular driver. I am always told to sheet as missed, if no arrangements are made to come get them, because they know I will sheet them as missed before I even get back to the building.

Some of the other drivers are told to bring them back and to give them to a specific supervisor that claims they will make sure they are delivered but they end up rolling them. The rest of the drivers are told to sheet them as NI, NSN, etc.

And these bastards have the nerve to accuse drivers of dishonesty? That doesn’t mean we have to make it easy. Never do anything that they can consider dishonest. NEVER.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The most common dishonest act on the management side is rolling misloads. The instructions they give to drivers that scan them vary depending on the particular driver. I am always told to sheet as missed, if no arrangements are made to come get them, because they know I will sheet them as missed before I even get back to the building.

Some of the other drivers are told to bring them back and to give them to a specific supervisor that claims they will make sure they are delivered but they end up rolling them. The rest of the drivers are told to sheet them as NI, NSN, etc.

And these bastards have the nerve to accuse drivers of dishonesty? That doesn’t mean we have to make it easy. Never do anything that they can consider dishonest. NEVER.
Tuesday after Memorial Day last year they blew the routes out,and sent these messages . I of course recorded my packages as Missed after informing them I would not compromise my Integrity.. My Onroad gave me a Warning letter the following morning for FFL. No sweat,I emailed copies of these DIAD messages to David Abney and Myron Gray when on lunch that day stating I was being instructed to commit a Cardinal Sin . Security showed up unannounced in my building that Thursday and began an investigation. A month later that Onroad resigned and now works at Costco.I wave to him every time I shop there
IMG_0122 (2).jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants

this reminds me of the time i was given a notice of suspension for not "following methods and procedures". they started sending out messages saying call a sup before you sheet any misloads.
drivers being told to sheet as look ups. i sheeted them as missed which is the proper method and procedure.
i love it when management avoids eye contact

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Tuesday after Memorial Day last year they blew the routes out,and sent these messages . I of course recorded my packages as Missed after informing them I would not compromise my Integrity.. My Onroad gave me a Warning letter the following morning for FFL. No sweat,I emailed copies of these DIAD messages to David Abney and Myron Gray when on lunch that day stating I was being instructed to commit a Cardinal Sin . Security showed up unannounced in my building that Thursday and began an investigation. A month later that Onroad resigned and now works at Costco.I wave to him every time I shop there
View attachment 333686

View attachment 333687
Legend!

Integrity

Binge Poster
View attachment 333686

View attachment 333687
This was a great response.

Did you get any heat or did they just avoid you like the plague?

When I pull out the heavy artillery by contacting, Corporate, Help line, OSHA when needed. (I’ve done all multiple times with full support of my Local Officials most of the times) Management never harasses me just all of my coworkers in my area.

They avoid me like the plague but they do try to pit all my workers against me by coming down on them hard.

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 333686

View attachment 333687
Exactly why I take a pic of all such instructions.

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

Ok so he had a on call air pick up and stop completed it out of area. So if it's gone this far that means the customer called and said he never showed up to pick up the package but your husband stop completed it as if he attempted the pick up no where near the customer.

That's not good. Air pickups are a big deal.

This. It's dishonesty if you stop-complete an ODS on-call pick up and:
A) You aren't near the address
B) You stop completed it so that you don't have it show up as late/missed

If this was the case with her husband, it sounds like he was too scared to get chewed out by management for a late/missed on-call, so he lost his job for not having enough backbone to stand up for his late attempt of an on-call pick up .

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

View attachment 333686

View attachment 333687

Nice.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

“ put that box on my desk , don’t sheet it”
🧔✊