Discharged

Upser949

I was discharged today for “theft.” I’ve been a full time package driver for a little over two years now (still utility). So what happened was I did a delivery and then grabbed a printer (delivered by amazon) on the way back, they have it on there door cam and everything. I don’t remember anything about the stop, but I must have grabbed it for some reason, btw I would never steal anything more or less a PRINTER! I didn’t get an odp or have a call tag for it. So my guess is it either had a double label or I just completely zoned out. The problem is that it came from amazon and claim there packages are clean with no double label. I met with the head of security a couple of times, and all the evidence points towards me stealing it, can’t locate the package etc. I know if they check telematics they can see I didn’t stop anywhere off route or anything like that. On top of all that the resident filed a police report, it’s just all bad. I have a panel hearing to try and get my job back and he said it won’t be for another 3-6 months. Sooo yea feel kinda screwed for making a simple mistake, any input would be great. I didn’t steal the printer.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
I might have done something similar a while back... I delivered to an apartment office and there was a printer on the floor with an RS label on it. I grabbed it, scanned it and put it with my pickup pieces. Turned out, the printer was delivered by DHL and the company put the RS label on the outside because DHL would not return something with a UPS label.

Even though I scanned it as an RS, at that time, UPS did not tie or track special counts packages to individual drivers. It was kind of a cluster, but the customer did eventually get their printer back.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Sounds like a your word against theirs situation. The evidence against you isn't good, they have you on camera taking a printer. From the "looks" of it, you stole the printer, not saying you did. You will be lucky to get your job back I think :/

Upser949

I might have done something similar a while back... I delivered to an apartment office and there was a printer on the floor with an RS label on it. I grabbed it, scanned it and put it with my pickup pieces. Turned out, the printer was delivered by DHL and the company put the RS label on the outside because DHL would not return something with a UPS label.

Even though I scanned it as an RS, at that time, UPS did not tie or track special counts packages to individual drivers. It was kind of a cluster, but the customer did eventually get their printer back.
Ya this was a resi stop I didn’t even scan it

Upser949

Sounds like a your word against theirs situation. The evidence against you isn't good, they have you on camera taking a printer. From the "looks" of it, you stole the printer, not saying you did. You will be lucky to get your job back I think :/
Ya kinda have that feeling :/ I might have taken it, but I didn’t “steal it”

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ya kinda have that feeling :/ I might have taken it, but I didn’t “steal it”
You're at the mercy of the panel. The printer being found would be a big help, then it can be written off as a mistake. But without that printer then I think you're a goner.

542thruNthru

He had almost the same thing happen at our buildings. Guy took a package that was del by the PO and he picked it up on the way out. On camera and everything.

Nothing happen to the driver.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Sooo yea feel kinda screwed for making a simple mistake, any input would be great. I didn’t steal the printer.
If what you say is 100% true, somewhere the resident must have a tracking number from us or Fedx. If you indeed picked it back up and had one of our labels, it could have ended up back in the system but even at that, there should be some way to locate it. Even if the package did not have one of our labels, it should have still went to overgoods where the contents and container description would have been noted.

MattM

Can you see the footage? Are they sure it was you?

Are call tags or RS pickups typical that are left outside ones door?