Disciplinary Actions Are Going Too Far

AB831

I’m not trying to be combative, but it seems like the general consensus is that you shouldn’t work extra hours.

They say you need one or two million dollars to retire these days, and that generally motivates me to pick up the phone. It has nothing to do with helping out management or the company.
Exactly. At the end of the day, you have to do what's right for you even if that coincides with benefitting the company because you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face at that point.

It will be fine

I’m not trying to be combative, but it seems like the general consensus is that you shouldn’t work extra hours.

They say you need one or two million dollars to retire these days, and that generally motivates me to pick up the phone. It has nothing to do with helping out management or the company.
Most of these people complain about working any hours. They think the company should pay them for nothing.

Meat

Most of these people complain about working any hours. They think the company should pay them for nothing.

Once upon a time, there were numerous part-time employees that would take any shift available to show that they should be promoted to full-time. Nowadays, not so much.

The old guard full-time employees are all on the cusp of burnout due to mandatory OT.

MassWineGuy

In that case, I’m going to have a rough retirement.

If you don’t want to go in on a day off, say no.

I’m part time, so I believe I can’t be required to work outside my normal schedule.

Meat

In that case, I’m going to have a rough retirement.

If you don’t want to go in on a day off, say no.

I’m part time, so I believe I can’t be required to work outside my normal schedule.

You’re older and probably comfortable with your income and retirement plan at this point, so it’s a bit different than the part-time drivers at my station that have no interest whatsoever in picking up extra shifts, or trying to go full-time.

Once upon a time at my station, part-timers would fight for more hours (literally in one case that I remember).

I’m not certain that twenty somethings understand how difficult it will be to retire in the coming years.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

Yes. I would emphasize how tough the current crop of 20 somethings will find it. Even putting away $20 a week would be a decent start.

I’ve been working 2-3 mornings a week for a while because I want to and the volume is definitely there.

My 401k just hit barely north of $100k. My wife’s holdings are about $700k. So who knows how things will look in the next couple to few years? I figure that 401k disbursements will be taxed at around 10 percent because I probably won’t be working.

zeev

Expect it to get worse they want the older drivers to leave LMO means less express more Ground. You have no contract no rights the pilots realized this a long time ago. Yes there will be Express just being delivered by cheap Ground.

!Retired!

I wasn't trying to be argumentative. Choosing to go in is your decision and nobody would fault you if you say yes or no. As for the OLCC's, you deserved them. Accept it and move on. I've gotten enough in my time to wallpaper my house.

falcon back

The people that talk about not working OT are usually the same people that are broke. Then they complain about not having money. Nothing wrong with saying no and nothing wrong with working. That decision is yours to make.

floridays

The people that talk about not working OT are usually the same people that are broke. Then they complain about not having money. Nothing wrong with saying no and nothing wrong with working. That decision is yours to make.
What comes out of the bucket this upcoming year?
What's left on the list?

floridays

Yes. I would emphasize how tough the current crop of 20 somethings will find it. Even putting away $20 a week would be a decent start.

I’ve been working 2-3 mornings a week for a while because I want to and the volume is definitely there.

My 401k just hit barely north of $100k. My wife’s holdings are about $700k. So who knows how things will look in the next couple to few years? I figure that 401k disbursements will be taxed at around 10 percent because I probably won’t be working.
Are you still considering a move?