Discipline for not knowing safety questions 100%

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tell them you have a learning disability, and you will sue them under all laws that apply to being discharged beacause of this disability. Also tell mgmt that you will need a tutor who specializes in teaching people with a learning disability and the cost is on their dime.

Another fine example of PWT--Posting Without Thinking

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I work at UPS. I am use to not getting any compliments on what a good job I do, how I helped my co-workers so the dispatcher looks good, how I saved miles by driving a better way, ect.
In other words, I am use to supervisors like you.

I have a big problem when management just recognizes mistakes.

It is just as important to recognize strengths.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What is wrong with making an effort instead of excuses?:happy2:

Excuses are what I got for 15 years every time I asked for a safe and ergonomically suitable delivery vehicle with power steering and a 3 pt seatbelt.

Excuses are what I got for years every time I asked for a safe and realistic dispatch based upon a fair time study for my route.

Excuses are what I got for years (and still get frequently) every time I ask the company to honor the 9.5 language in the contract.

So when some nitwit from their Safety Committee comes up to me and demands that I make the effort to memorize acronyms and safety drivel......he's probably going to get some excuses instead.

over9five

Staff member
This is a weak and disrespectful slam on those with a learning disability.
Learn something about the ADA laws before giving out advice regarding disabilities.

Everyone has a learning style. It is up to the trainer to learn and recognize.:happy2:

I agree. Man up and tell them it's not contractually required for you to memorize this.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have a big problem when management just recognizes mistakes.

It is just as important to recognize strengths.

It is more important for a manager to simply be "fair".

I could care less about either the ups or downs, generally neither were in my (or any hourlies) control to begin with.

Sometimes in favor of good, I'm thinking " I didn't even do anything special...just doing the job" and then in the same breathe when something goes wrong " I didn't do anything special, just doing the job"