Discipline for not knowing safety questions 100%

menotyou

bella amicizia
My guess is you spend most of your life waiting for things you never will get.....
I work at UPS. I am use to not getting any compliments on what a good job I do, how I helped my co-workers so the dispatcher looks good, how I saved miles by driving a better way, ect.
In other words, I am use to supervisors like you.

steward71

That is right menotyou you better listen to the man. The Super Sup has spoken. I'm a supervsior at my full time job after reading some of Super Socks posts he could not over see a wet turd.

swen

Safety is a joke. After more than 2 decades with UPS I'm amazed that Union members are still associating with the "Safety Committee". Its all paper work, nothing of substantial meaning. Show me in the contract where you can be terminated for failing their "Safety" audit.

UPSSOCKS

That is right menotyou you better listen to the man. The Super Sup has spoken. I'm a supervsior at my full time job after reading some of Super Socks posts he could not over see a wet turd.

Wait a second..... You are a Union Steward and a supervisor? Now I have a new hero. What do you supervise? Let me guess. My first instinct was to say food industry but now I am leaning torwards some kind of non profit place, like a troubled youth home or something to that nature. Am close? If I give you my address could you send an autograph.

UPSSOCKS

Safety is a joke. After more than 2 decades with UPS I'm amazed that Union members are still associating with the "Safety Committee". Its all paper work, nothing of substantial meaning. Show me in the contract where you can be terminated for failing their "Safety" audit.

It depends how you fail the safety audit. Not knowing safety questions is one thing, but what if you are caught on a moving conveyor or driving without a seat belt during the audit and cause us to fail a safety audit?

We understand most of you can't learn the safety questions. Just looking for an effort.

UPSSOCKS

In almost every thread some "lil Hoffa" is encouraging union members to learn the contract. Knowledge is power, i think we all can agree on that. You can be terminated for not following the safety methods associated with your position at UPS. So if you can be fired for not following the proper methods don't you think you should know them?

steward71

Just like a Super Sup is that all you can come up with.......Come on Please, I just love reading what you have to say wet turd. Your intelligence just amazes me. What, do you have your mother write the posts for you. By the way which I know this is not a mistake BRAIN MAN, the correct spelling of "personell" is with two n's not two L's here I will help you P-E-R-S-O-N-N-E-L!!!. The Winner of the spelling contest is NOT SUPER SUP, have your mother use spell check and try again. WE LOVE YOU HERE.

air1ups

I don't know many, if any good management people. Speak of lacking in education, someone needs to attend the fifth grade and learn how to make complete and whole sentences. Sorry, I am just another college educated UNION GUY. Please check your spelling. There seems to be some errors in Management yet once again. Thanks for being PERFECT. I love perfection or should I say, lack of??!!

UPSSOCKS

Did I spell something wrong? Sorry grammar isn't that important to me especially when some of you struggle to read. I figured no harm no foul on here. I will probably continue to spell things wrong and not complete sentences because this is what it is. If it makes you happy all the better. I am all about keeping the employees happy. You would think someone who can spell, would be able to learn their safety questions.

centfldriver

We had a high senority driver get fired in our center for not knowing the saftey info by heart. They took him off the road and put him to work in the building for a week or so. After the grievance procedure he was put back on the road with full back pay. That put an end to threats of discharge for not knowing the saftey info in our barn!

tourists24

I just couldnt believe it.... the other day our safety committe member got into an accident.... that cant happen... he has all those things memorized and can spout them out easily.... it just doesnt make sense...

menotyou

bella amicizia
Wait a second..... You are a Union Steward and a supervisor? Now I have a new hero. What do you supervise? Let me guess. My first instinct was to say food industry but now I am leaning torwards some kind of non profit place, like a troubled youth home or something to that nature. Am close? If I give you my address could you send an autograph.
Troubled youth home? Don't you know the address, already?

Packmule

The time and money they spend on this crap. Meanwhile, we have to shortchange service by laying off another driver to save money.