Disgusted by a fellow union brother

MangoMango

Today on route, I asked an AmeriPride driver why he had Rush Limbaugh on the radio. He told me he didn't give a %$#^ about the Teamsters and was voting Trump to put America first. So sad.

10 point

Do you enjoy you're wage, benefits, and job security?
Is that about the tail wagging the dog?

Who works for whom?

The union leadership is only as strong as the membership and without the rank and file's support the hierarchy of the IBT would have to get other jobs sooner or later when the cashola ran dry.

Some locals leaders are looking at their dwindling membership and are a tad bit concerned they may be having to find work elsewhere. When membership levels drop about 40% in ten yrs it's a litmus test to what leaders are made of.

Another blanket cure all answer.
What about the states that don't have right to work and membership is declining?
It's not all about right to work. But it may be about people either not being educated in the benefits of union membership or the local union representation sucks.
Also some of the company's are moving to right to work states.

10 point

Also some of the company's are moving to right to work states.
Still, there's a choice to be made by the employee.
How much dissention was displayed in the way the last CBA was handled?
What does the existing employees say about the local union representation when they get hired in?
Those are issues that affect a decline in membership. If I got hired into a business that I had a choice of joining the union or not and I saw the benefits (representation) far outweighed the dues payment the choice would be easy.

Still, there's a choice to be made by the employee.
How much dissention was displayed in the way the last CBA was handled?
What does the existing employees say about the local union representation when they get hired in?
Those are issues that affect a decline in membership. If I got hired into a business that I had a choice of union joining the union or not and I saw the benefits (representation) far outweighed the dues payment the choice would be easy.
Another problem is the union has turned into big business and many times do not take care of their members

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Btw. Hoffa and hall are perfect for this thread title. Concession sellouts. Votes taken from members. I hope we all remember that when the ballots come out. Even if its Fred. Time to move on. If the next one sucks. Move on. Don't keep a sell out each election. Atleast the potus is only 8 yrs. Thank goodness.

10 point

Another problem is the union has turned into big business and many times do not take care of their members
Members. The officers need to REmember who pays their freaking salaries and benefits.
It's not the companies. It's workers and stewards that fight for their rights that's written into a document signed by the company and of which immediately is trampled under foot by the same companies while "some" union officials look the other way.

The only recourse for the worker is either at the ballot box or, if that doesn't work and if they're truly getting screwed and the NLRB won't help then RTW is an easy out and final statement for the disgruntled worker

Cause and effect. Only an idiot would pay $50,000.00 for a 1985 F150. Some locals officers either need to get off their butts and identify with the member's issues and get back to earning the job they were put into or the members will find other legal ways to get their point made.

Members. The officers need to REmember who pays their freaking salaries and benefits.
It's not the companies. It's workers and stewards that fight for their rights that's written into a document signed by the company and of which immediately is trampled under foot but the same companies while "some" union officials look the other way.

The only recourse for the worker is either at the ballot box or, if that doesn't work and if they're truly getting screwed and the NLRB won't help then RTW is an easy out and final statement for the disgruntled worker

Cause and effect. Only an idiot would pay $50,000.00 for a 1985 F150. Some locals officers either need to get off their butts and identify with the member's issues and get back to earning the job they were put into or the members will find other legal ways to get their point made.
Well said.

10 point

Those companies need to be punished. You can't move out of the country and expect to have the rights and privileges of an American company.
Absolutely true.

I was thinking about some of our union representation and it seems as though they operate just like the Republicans they hate. Kissing management's rear ends for the sake of the operation when the contract says otherwise. Man, I'm sick of that bullcrap.
One local (Pres and BA) told a steward friend of mine that if he wanted to run for office he'd better remember that the Union/company controversies are handled like a "business" ... evidently regardless of what the CBA says.

We have a problem.

Absolutely true.

I was thinking about some of our union representation and it seems as though they operate just like the Republicans they hate. Kissing management's rear ends for the sake of the operation when the contract says otherwise. Man, I'm sick of that bullcrap.
One local (Pres and BA) told a steward friend of mine that if he wanted to run for office he'd better remember that the Union/company controversies are handled like a "business" ... evidently regardless of what the CBA says.

We have a problem.
They are definitely in bed together. No doubt.