Dividend

M

moreluck

I read 3 or 4 earnings articles......what was the dividend?? I didn't see it.

F

feederdude

I wish I could take the ERI right now!!!!
Talk about communicating with your employees. How about shareholders too.
No wonder shares are being dumped at major volumes. What is the "Big Idea"?
I don't see how the week between Christmas and New Years, along with bad weather in the mid-west can impact us to the tune of 12 cents per share.
Now I wonder if the dividend will be rolled back.
Inquiring minds want to know.
Feederdude

J

jim

they'll declare the dividend at February board meeting....always have. Doesn't come out with earnings announcements

A

afups

No wonder shares are being dumped at major volumes.

Every share being "dumped" is being bought by a buyer. I have been buying at the lower prices and I guess I should have waited til today...

N

nevadapaul

I thought the dividend would be announced at the next board meeting which I think is in February.

M

my2cents

Totally agree Feederdude on the last week of the year scenario. Even after listening to the webcast, no real explanation was given, other than the fact the volume projection figure was off for the month of December. I believe that is the main reason why the stock is dropping towards $73 as I write this. The market sees this lack of response as loss of market share to the competition. It also appears the market holds quarterly UPS growth in correlation to quarterly GDP. If say GDP comes in at 3% and UPS volume growth comes in at say 2%, chances are the stock will undergo selling pressure, as it is currently recognized as the bellweather of the Dow Jones Transportation Index.

W

water302

I'm looking for a price around $70.00 then I will Buy, Buy, Buy. In the long term I still see UPS around $100.00, but maybe not this year. UPS still has lots to do on the world front, especially China. Also, don't forget DHL's parent company is loosing the mail monopoly in Germany in 2007, then let's see where they are. UPS and FedEx will be able to move in on Germany and regain US market share at the same time. For the short term I am only concerned about the dividends. I was hoping to hear today what they will be. I don't expect a rollback but I don't expect an increase either. We will probably stay where we are until something big happens, like opening up China.

T

tuknick

Dividends are announced at the board meeting:
For this year they are Feb 8-9, May 4-5, Aug 10-11 and Nov 15-16.
They are paid about 1 month after the meeting. Put the dates in your PDA.

P

proups

If I were a betting man, I would bet the dividend will increase. That will show confidence from the company that 4th quarter 2004 was an anomoly.

C'mon folks - UPS has survived worse. It isn't the end of the world!

B

beetenbrownie

all i can say is. 98 years and counting. 1 bad quarter. everybody's jumping off the ship. ok people. DEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP BREATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

T

tuknick

Time to open this thread again. Dividend will be anounced either today or Wednesday. Any guesses?

T

tuknick

I believe it is in the East (ie EST, I am PST) so we should get some info around 2pm PST

S

ser1was

dividend $.33 per share an increase of 18%. Very positive. Yield however remains low at 1.75%. Now let's get the stock moving back into the 80's.

T

tuknick

With a drip plan, what could be better Dividend up and stock price down....drip drip drip...it's the way to a furtune.

T

tuknick

OK, so by my PDA its time for the board to meet again. I have them meeting today and Thursday. Anyone got ears inside?