Dividend

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The UPS (NYSE:UPS) Board of Directors today announced it has unanimously elected David P. Abney, UPS Chief Executive Officer, as Chairman of the Board, effective immediately. Abney succeeds Scott Davis as Chairman, who will retire from his position on the UPS Board effective as of the 2016 Annual Meeting of Shareowners.

UPS Board of Directors also today declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.78 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares. The dividend is payable March 9, 2016, to shareowners of record on February 22, 2016.

UPS has a long history of its commitment to cash dividends. For more than four decades it has either increased or maintained its dividend. Since 2000, its dividend has more than quadrupled.
SS1JckxP3KA

Continue reading...

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...lliam-r-johnson-to-lead.368343/#ixzz3zny4NcCM

BrownTexas

I thought about buying oil when it was $89 and was going to sky rocket over $100. Glad I didn't because I'd be screwed now.

BrownBrokeDown

Never screwed til you sell...

Or the company goes totally belly up.
Yeah that hurts. Years ago when i was young, in my 401k at a company i worked for, I was able to and did purchase stock of that company. They proceeded to go through bankruptcy and came out as a different company with a different name(there was no buyout, just it changed during the bankruptcy). When the name changed, my stock became null and void. Over 700 shares.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Buffet just bought 6 million shares of Phillips (psx)
He can stand the risk ... most of us can't.
Phillips, Exxon, BP are good buys that will be there after the shakeout.
The newcomers and smaller companies will be decimated and bought out by the older, bigger companies.
I like to buy established infrastructure stocks myself which are down right now but will rebound regardless of the winners.

Just my approach.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you are going to buy energy, buy infrastructure.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/11/investing/oil-prices-bankruptcies-spike/index.html
Bankruptcy filings are flying in the American oil patch.
At least 67 U.S. oil and natural gas companies filed for bankruptcy in 2015, according to consulting firm Gavin/Solmonese.

That represents a 379% spike from the previous year when oil prices were substantially higher.

With oil prices crashing further in recent weeks, five more energy gas producers succumbed to bankruptcy in the first five weeks of this year, according to Houston law firm Haynes and Boone.

"It looks pretty bad. We fully anticipate it's only going to get worse," said Buddy Clark, a partner at Haynes and Boone and 33-year veteran in the energy finance space

Coincidentally, Baba posted this.
Be careful in Energy stocks.

oldngray

nowhere special
He can stand the risk ... most of us can't.
Phillips, Exxon, BP are good buys that will be there after the shakeout.
The newcomers and smaller companies will be decimated and bought out by the older, bigger companies.
I like to buy established infrastructure stocks myself which are down right now but will rebound regardless of the winners.

Just my approach.

The companies that own transmission lines will always make money.