Divorce benefits

I'm not saying she deserves nothing....being a mother and a wife is more than a full time job I understand that...but HALF of the 401k seems extreme..I guess depending on the amount...I could understand an amount of money to get her by until she can get a job
And what about all the years she didn't make any money while she was married raising babies?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My friends wife cheated on him...she got EVERYTHING...including custody of the child...he also has to pay her $2,700 a month....how on earth is that fair?
Every time I've heard a horror story like this and bothered to dig deeper there always turns out to be more to it. If you get screwed that hard in court there's more going on than just "she cheated on me and the judge gave her everything..."

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Every time I've heard a horror story like this and bothered to dig deeper there always turns out to be more to it. If you get screwed that hard in court there's more going on than just "she cheated on me and the judge gave her everything..."
He's one of my best friends...I know the whole story.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My friends wife cheated on him...she got EVERYTHING...including custody of the child...he also has to pay her $2,700 a month....how on earth is that fair?
There's only one way to truly protect yourself.

And what about all the years she didn't make any money while she was married raising babies?
I'm sure she could just settle in and get support from the other guy she was :censored2:ing. No?

2 words

Pre Nup
Not worth the paper they're written on. A judge can throw those right out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just so you don't have enough to worry about remember-----she can always haul your sorry ass back to court for more. Sleep well.

There's only one way to truly protect yourself.

I'm sure she could just settle in and get support from the other guy she was :censored2:ing. No?

Not worth the paper they're written on. A judge can throw those right out.
Well every story is certainly different. Number one I don't plan on getting divorced. But my wife sacrificed her future earnings to have a family and she does not deserve to be poor because of it

Last edited: