Do Part Timers really outnumber Full Timers?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
It takes much more mental toughness to drive and maneuver for hours at a time while fixing the quarter timers loading mistakes.
Out of sequence and mis loads shouldn't happen with the idiot proof hin on the box and dude acts like helpers think for themselves when on car.
Low iq individuals who wouldn't make it a day as a driver threaten violence when challenged and prove the point for us.

mikejonesjr

It takes much more mental toughness to drive and maneuver for hours at a time while fixing the quarter timers loading mistakes.
Id pay good money to watch you try to load 1000 pieces in a 90 degree building while saying its easy. 5 bucks says you dont wrap in time. Your talking about mentally tough you dont have to think you grab box and put at doorstep. Both jobs are physical work get that in your thick head.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Id pay good money to watch you try to load 1000 pieces in a 90 degree building while saying its easy. 5 bucks says you dont wrap in time. Your talking about mentally tough you dont have to think you grab box and put at doorstep. Both jobs are physical work get that in your thick head.

Try finding an out of sync package in a 130 degree sweat box pc and do you people ever wrap on time?

Tony Q

I ask this question because I keep seeing the claim that they do and should they vote they'd be able to get what they want because of their numbers.

But I had a moment where I thought, is this really true? Sure there are likely more part timers employed, I don't have the numbers but just thinking about my hub and I have to agree on just a visual assessment.

Then I thought about the turnover rate, we all agree it's very high. So is there really a significant number of part timers over full timers when you think about how many made seniority and also paid their union initiation fees while also being there long enough to have a vote happen?

Just hypothetically we have a center with 50 ft drivers, and 80 pt dealing with preload and reload. So pters outnumber the fters, but only 40 of the pters have been there for more than a year and the other 40 are in a cycle of hire/quit/replace with newhire.

When something to vote on comes around in my hypothetical you have less pters than fters who would be interested or potentially knowledgeable in that vote just because the remaining pters are either just passing through, not there long enough to be able to vote, don't care or just uninformed and so they don't care to vote.

So I want to hear others thoughts on this. I'm not saying I'm right, but I don't think the whole pters outnumber fters thing really holds up. I think this could be an interesting discussion for us here.
If part timers actually voted they would never be in this position. They never will vote in my opinion and this is unfortunately who everything is geared in actual negotiations. Its called the real world.

Indecisi0n

I was wrapped everyday and in fact would then go ahead and help weaker loaders like yourself. It's not a put down since I am a team player and willing to help you when help is needed.

mikejonesjr

Try finding an out of sync package in a 130 degree sweat box pc and do you people ever wrap on time?
Just curious at what point do you become a "pt work is easy my job is hard" jackass? Why is it that I always have to help a driver who is working preload since he cant keep up? Or are you only qualified to say its easy when you dont have to do it anymore.

mikejonesjr

I was wrapped everyday and in fact would then go ahead and help weaker loaders like yourself. It's not a put down since I am a team player and willing to help you when help is needed.
The supervisors go to line. Well judging by that it tells me you were not in one of the heaviest units in the building which gives you less room to talk. Unless your claiming to be superman. Cant stand those in easier units who get praise themselves for wrapping on time..

Indecisi0n

The supervisors go to line. Well judging by that it tells me you were not in one of the heaviest units in the building which gives you less room to talk. Unless your claiming to be superman. Cant stand those in easier units who get praise themselves for wrapping on time..
Sup told me I had heaviest set in the building. No one could load it properly before me. I'm no Superman , man just da man.

Superteeth2478

Put box 1 in this car at box 1 spot. EASY
...And you basically sound like any other idiot supervisor or manager who oversimplifies the workers' job roles (both drivers and part-timers of all kinds) to make it seem like it's easier than it actually is, saying that trained monkeys can do their jobs. Guess what, I can do the same for a driver's job, too: "Durr, how hard is delivering packages, you just drive to the address on the box and drop it off, durr!"

But I don't mean that seriously, because I know it's not that simple. Same thing with loading, unloading, etc.

How about trying to lift each other up and stand together instead of putting each other down? This is a contract where they're blatantly trying to sway the votes of the uninformed part-timers to accept a contract that may sound good for them on its face (with more full-time job opportunities and a bump to the starting pay rate) but in actuality screws them harder than they've ever been screwed.

Indecisi0n

...And you basically sound like any other idiot supervisor or manager who oversimplifies the workers' job roles to make it seem like it's easier than it actually is, saying that trained monkeys can do them. Guess what, I can do the same for a driver's job, too: "Durr, how hard is delivering packages, you just drive to the address on the box and drop it off, durr!"

But I don't mean that seriously, because I know it's not that simple. Same thing with loading, unloading, etc.

How about trying lifting each other up instead of putting each other down? This is a contract where they're blatantly trying to sway the votes of the uninformed part-timers to accept a contract that may sound good for them on it's face (with more full-time job opportunities) but in actuality screws them harder than they've ever been screwed.
Not serious