Do retirees still get paid if there’s a strike?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So what happens if there is a strike next year, do retirees still get their pension or will it be on hold?

The only thing that a strike may affect is our Healthcare coverages.. I am under Team Care and they already stated that they will have a enough surplus saved to cover an authorized strike, for how long... who knows.

If a work stoppage is called you will not get any pension credits for that time off, same for the weekly contributions in most of the Pension and Health and Welfare plans...

Trailer monkey

The only thing that a strike may affect is our Healthcare coverages.. I am under Team Care and they already stated that they will have a enough surplus saved to cover an authorized strike, for how long... who knows.

If a work stoppage is called you will not get any pension credits for that time off, same for the weekly contributions in most of the Pension and Health and Welfare plans...
Pension credits are sometimes retro in a settlement, don't remember what happened in 97

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Retirees are no longer Teamsters . I don't know anyone retired that keeps paying dues unless they are working as
a Teamster at another company.

We will still receive our pension checks.

If you guys go out on strike I will come out and walk the picket line as long as someone brings some beer.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Retirees are no longer Teamsters . I don't know anyone retired that keeps paying dues unless they are working as
a Teamster at another company.

We will still receive our pension checks.

If you guys go out on strike I will come out and walk the picket line as long as someone brings some beer.
:censored2: off

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In 1997 my son was 10and i took him to walk picket with us. He now works at the Forest Park Building and if a strike occurs I'll go and walk picket with him