I love the idea of crossing the picket line

Trailer monkey

So let’s say there’s a strike which there’s not gonna be but for the sake of argument…

All the useless slugs who don’t do anything sit outside which I wish they were doing anyway on a usual day and the people who actually wanna work go in and get paid? That honestly sounds wonderful to me. Talk about don’t threaten me with a good time. What am I missing here ?
Make sure management is using Vaseline

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
As a scab, any time management wants to mess with you, they will have the union's blessing. Once management takes all they can from you, then they'll get bored and fire you. The union might be at your hearing, but they won't help you.
another thing that many people miss is that low level management employees actually benefit if we get a good contract. they absolutely don't get any of the benefit of us getting screwed over in negotiations. I mean just think about the last contract? they went from saturdays being a easy half ass day to it being a full on regular workday. in one shot it went from them working one saturday a month to everyone working every other saturday. scabs are basically claiming credit for doing that type of thing to them, this guy thinks that's going to get them to treat him better.

we all know what the pros and cons are when we go into management, we accept the risk of having to work during a strike

scabs are literally judas-tier, i have no respect for them whatsoever

Thebrownblob

we all know what the pros and cons are when we go into management, we accept the risk of having to work during a strike

scabs are literally judas-tier, i have no respect for them whatsoever

That was my experience in 1997. The few that did cross were treated worse by management.

PT Car Washer

That was my experience in 1997. The few that did cross were treated worse by management.
I wouldn't say the few delivery drivers that crossed in my building were treated worse by management after the strike. If they were they would take it to the Union. They definitely were not treated any better and I think they all retired later.

Undertow

I wouldn't say the few delivery drivers that crossed in my building were treated worse by management after the strike. If they were they would take it to the Union. They definitely were not treated any better and I think they all retired later.
I think we had one PT cross the first day and two FT drivers "go soft" very late in the strike of '97 and they never lived it down. All three were long gone soon afterward. It wasn't as if any of them were in dire financial straits or facing a health crisis. One of them really caught it from all sides when it was found out he was meeting management out on the delivery area since he didn't want to face the wrath of the picket line upon driving out of the building. He never lived it down and couldn't deal with the shame that came with it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There were 4 or 5 feeder drivers in my department who crossed in '97. Management offered them unlimited OT the rest of their career if they crossed. 2 were fired not long after we went back. 1 for an accident and 1 for stealing time. 1 retired and I believe the last one is still there, and is a 50+ year employee. All were ostracized by their fellow employees for the duration of their careers.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
dude the union doesn’t do anything that we couldn’t negotiate for ourselves or at least you could if you’re actually good at your job. Yeah if you’re not and you’re a lazy sack of dog turd you need the union. That’s why I have no use for it
Then quit and go elsewhere. I’ve never seen so much hot air from one person.