Do you communicate with your loopmates?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you text/call your loopmates on issues or do you just let management figure it out?
The DIADs were designed to allow communication between drivers-----did the Company ever turn that feature on?

On my last route the downtown driver would send me a text if he was heavy and was going to leave his air and/or pickup pieces at a business next to one of my drop boxes. The dispatcher did not care for this driver and often sent him out heavy. I would respond and then grab his pickups.

Loopmates sounds like a club for quilters.

21Savage

The DIADs were designed to allow communication between drivers-----did the Company ever turn that feature on?

On my last route the downtown driver would send me a text if he was heavy and was going to leave his air and/or pickup pieces at a business next to one of my drop boxes. The dispatcher did not care for this driver and often sent him out heavy. I would respond and then grab his pickups.

Loopmates sounds like a club for quilters.
If we leave pickup pieces outside that's a good way to lose your job lol

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Do you text/call your loopmates on issues or do you just let management figure it out?
Absolutely not.

I don’t get paid to make executive decisions on how to fix problems that involve other hourlies.

I will notify my supervisor, and let them decide what needs to happen.

Commercial Inside Release

The UPS loopmate feedback loop goes like this...
Most loops have some insufferable high seniority *itch that makes the rest of the loop miserable. They're constantly jealous, conniving, sticking their nose in their loop mates business. They'll come in an hour early to dig through their loopmates' truck & route, then spend 40 minutes whining & crying to dispatch to get an easier day. All the crap areas will be moved to their loopmates, all the overweights, the annoying customers. They'll take a day off just to screw the lower guys on their loop, or to get even.

When picking vacations, they use their seniority not to make their own family happy, not to go experience fun stuff, but exclusively to screw their loopmates vacations.

They spend a lot of time blowing the center manager & the stewards, as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
The UPS loopmate feedback loop goes like this...
Most loops have some insufferable high seniority *itch that makes the rest of the loop miserable. They're constantly jealous, conniving, sticking their nose in their loop mates business. They'll come in an hour early to dig through their loopmates' truck & route, then spend 40 minutes whining & crying to dispatch to get an easier day. All the crap areas will be moved to their loopmates, all the overweights, the annoying customers. They'll take a day off just to screw the lower guys on their loop, or to get even.

When picking vacations, they use their seniority not to make their own family happy, not to go experience fun stuff, but exclusively to screw their loopmates vacations.

They spend a lot of time blowing the center manager & the stewards, as well.
That sounds more like the lowest seniority guy in my loop.

DriverNerd

If you're in a loop with good guys it's pretty easy to communicate with each other to get things figured out. Covering 9.5, 8 hours, certain pickups, blowing out, ODSs, etc. Way easier than letting management figure it out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you're in a loop with good guys it's pretty easy to communicate with each other to get things figured out. Covering 9.5, 8 hours, certain pickups, blowing out, ODSs, etc. Way easier than letting management figure it out.
9 times out of 10 if you send the ODS the reply will be to ask for suggestions on how best to resolve the issue.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If we leave pickup pieces outside that's a good way to lose your job lol
We had many air drops where we left pkgs on open docks at one of our pickups. Sometimes their back door would be open so there were people right there and other times the door was closed with nobody around. I always thought it was weird but that’s how we did it and mgt had no problems with it. Also did it for late air…just drop at a dock area and leave.