Do you donate to drive?

oldngray

nowhere special
It’s like United Way. No one forces anyone to donate but when a supervisor comes to you and hands you a pre made form with your name on it and then stands over you while you fill it out that‘s intimidating to the majority of drivers especially the new ones. For me it did just the opposite and that is when I quit giving. That was a long time ago. The intimidation made United Way a lot of money but it saved me a lot. Drive was the same. As we walked in they had only one entrance to get into the building and quite a few Union guys was there with prepared forms with everyones names on it. You filled it out while they stood over you. Of course you could put that you didn’t want to give anything but again I would think the majority gave. These companies and organizations have learned over the years what works to get the most money and they use it.
The biggest problem with Drive is if you decide to stop giving to them its a major battle

And despite the name almost all the money goes to Democrats who talk big but do little to help the union workers. All they care about now are public employee unions which are like a slush fund for them.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And despite the name almost all the money goes to Democrats who talk big but do little to help the union workers.

Who proved that ?

#1: "Vote for Obama to prove you're not racist"

#2: "Don't vote for Obama again.... to prove you're not stupid."

He flat out lied to the Teamsters.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
The biggest problem with Drive is if you decide to stop giving to them its a major battle

And despite the name almost all the money goes to Democrats who talk big but do little to help the union workers. All they care about now are public employee unions which are like a slush fund for them.
Yep you nailed it.
When someone, especially a new driver, signs up they haven’t got a clue how hard it is to get out and the Union knows that once someone gets in very few will go to the problem to get back out especially when it is only a few dollars a pay check.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yep you nailed it.
When someone, especially a new driver, signs up they haven’t got a clue how hard it is to get out and the Union knows that once someone gets in very few will go to the problem to get back out especially when it is only a few dollars a pay check.
That’s when they hit me up, my first year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who proved that ?

#1: "Vote for Obama to prove you're not racist"

#2: "Don't vote for Obama again.... to prove you're not stupid."

He flat out lied to the Teamsters.
Doesn't matter. Union leadership will always go with the Dems. This is why Biden first thing, used executive orders to put union workers out of work. Automatic vote equals being their beotch.

Foreshadowing

It’s like United Way. No one forces anyone to donate but when a supervisor comes to you and hands you a pre made form with your name on it and then stands over you while you fill it out that‘s intimidating to the majority of drivers especially the new ones. For me it did just the opposite and that is when I quit giving. That was a long time ago. The intimidation made United Way a lot of money but it saved me a lot. Drive was the same. As we walked in they had only one entrance to get into the building and quite a few Union guys was there with prepared forms with everyones names on it. You filled it out while they stood over you. Of course you could put that you didn’t want to give anything but again I would think the majority gave. These companies and organizations have learned over the years what works to get the most money and they use it.
I’ve been in many Drive signups and there is never any pier pressure. It’s not like united way in the least. Either you want to donate a buck to drive or you don’t. The funny thing is. I’ve seen members who have very little donate a dollar and drivers making 120 k that can’t give a dollar. Some because they are republicans. News flash, both Democrats and Republicans get donations from Drive. It’s whoever will further labor’s issues and help.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’ve been in many Drive signups and there is never any pier pressure. It’s not like united way in the least. Either you want to donate a buck to drive or you don’t. The funny thing is. I’ve seen members who have very little donate a dollar and drivers making 120 k that can’t give a dollar. Some because they are republicans. News flash, both Democrats and Republicans get donations from Drive. It’s whoever will further labor’s issues and help.
But the democrats are better liars. And it’s peer.

HavenoEDD

They had a stand and we’re getting guys to sign up today at our parking lot. A dollar a paycheck or more… some drivers were against it, some for it and most didn’t care.