Do you donate to drive?

Thebrownblob

It will become too expensive to maintain. Plus, why was there a 2nd tier wage scale created for drivers then? The company is trimming its expenses as much as possible and I don't see the pensions lasting more than 10 years if that.
Explain to me the process of “getting rid of pensions” because I am pretty sure you don’t understand what you’re saying.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It will become too expensive to maintain. Plus, why was there a 2nd tier wage scale created for drivers then? The company is trimming its expenses as much as possible and I don't see the pensions lasting more than 10 years if that.
You got no idea what your rambling about
Educate yourself

kforte36

Explain to me the process of “getting rid of pensions” because I am pretty sure you don’t understand what you’re saying.
I'm saying that at a certain point the company will decide it will no longer support pensions. Whichever employees have accumulated the number of work years to have the minimum pension amount or more will receive them or be encouraged to be bought out in a lump sum. Those who do not will not get one. Plus, the company has to have enough money in the fund to even distribute the pensions in the first place. If it doesn't, even if a driver has a minimum of 20 years, they would get nothing.

Thebrownblob

I'm saying that at a certain point the company will decide it will no longer support pensions. Whichever employees have accumulated the number of work years to have the minimum pension amount or more will receive them or be encouraged to be bought out in a lump sum. Those who do not will not get one. Plus, the company has to have enough money in the fund to even distribute the pensions in the first place. If it doesn't, even if a driver has a minimum of 20 years, they would get nothing.
Did you know that even after spending billions to “get out” of central states they were still on the hook for billions of unfunded liabilities There is no getting out of pensions. Unless of course you go bankrupt

Thebrownblob

That is also incorrect your pension is never worth “nothing” it could be worth less but not nothing.

kforte36

Absolutely no idea how this works nor what they’re entitled to
All I'm saying is that in 10-30 years there's no guarantee the pension will exist for those who have to work for another 25-30 years even if they work 20-35 years for ups. You don't know what can happen in that time.

Thebrownblob

So when it comes to the working class people believe we’re not entitled to raises we’re not entitled to any sort of retirement guarantee even though we were promised through pensions and Social Security. But when giant corporations giant banks, and Wall Street fat cats get bailed out by the government no one thinks twice about it.
The working class has a serious self image problem with there're self

Thebrownblob

All I'm saying is that in 10-30 years there's no guarantee the pension will exist for those who have to work for another 25-30 years even if they work 20-35 years for ups. You don't know what can happen in that time.
And I asked you how that could happen and you have not answered it. UPS would not get to decide that.

kforte36

And I asked you how that could happen and you have not answered it. UPS would not get to decide that.
Why could it not happen. If ups were to be sold, goes bankrupt, doesn't have sufficient monies in its pension fund. I hope it doesn't but in today's world you never know.