Do you play FORTNITE?!

Heffalump

That must be the game my SIL and grandson have been playing almost nonstop since they came to visit 2 weeks ago. 643 lakes in a 20 mile radius and they sit inside and play video games. They have access to a ton of fishing gear, boats, pontoons and kayaks but would rather vegetate. Grandma says leave them alone-they are on vacation. The thing is they are this way at their house too.
I don't think video games are bad,just lack of balance is all.

rod

Retired 22 years
What’d ya catch up there? Walleyes?

Years ago they filmed this Old Mil commercial locally. I'm still friends with 1 of the guys in it and another friend has since died. A week before the actual filming the production company put out the word they were looking for some large northerns for their commercial so some of the drivers took off work to fish for them. The fish in the net in the video was caught by a ups driver and used in the commercial. He got $500 for catching it. The shot of the pike grabbing the bait is actually a fish head that was being operated like a puppet. When the pike jumps out of the water it's actually a scuba diver throwing it up. All the guys had to join the Screen Actors Guild (Union) and ended up getting about $12,000 each for their work. They would get a check every week for as many times as the commercial ran. P.S.---there is no Crow Wing, Mn. but there is a Crow Wing County. (over 600 lakes in it)

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
It's like UPS. There's either teams or you go it solo. Fight to the finish and everything. You can screw each other over or communicate and be the last ones standing. It's a really cool game. You guys should check it out. Add me. ;)
I know some people that are obsessed with fortnite. Haven't played it myself. Lamely I still play pokemongo because there's a pokestop in the park behind our backyard that spawns at :28 every hour. I'm working on some website and pokemon sends a notification to my phone that a pokemon has appeared. The whole capture thing usually takes less than a minute. I'll grab one a few times a day. From what I've been told fortnite takes way longer

Heffalump

I know some people that are obsessed with fortnite. Haven't played it myself. Lamely I still play pokemongo because there's a pokestop in the park behind our backyard that spawns at :28 every hour. I'm working on some website and pokemon sends a notification to my phone that a pokemon has appeared. The whole capture thing usually takes less than a minute. I'll grab one a few times a day. From what I've been told fortnite takes way longer
POGO is dope! My nephew caught a dragonite the other day. Pretty rare.
I do like gaming. Fort nite is over my head though. The “building” thing is so dumb, at least to me.
I hear you, it just adds another factor to the whole shooter scene. Being able to build sky high while being shot at by several dudes and your the last of 100 other guys. Sounds like retirement to me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I play Fortnite sometimes but these kids that play just make me look like the the old Atari gamer that I am.

PUBG, bro. All day.

When I do have a chance to get on I have been trying to play PUBG. I like the more "realistic"ness of it, plus it seems a bit easier to control. I still suck but it seems better.

542thruNthru

IKR, 8 years and Protoss still op.

zerg.gif

Brohn Bron

I only got a little mod money. I've scratched out my criminal empire the old fashioned way. So it is still fun to me. I don't mess with others nearly like I used to

This is the truth. GTA changes forever if someone dumps money on you. Happened to me. Spent the better part two months just grieving people and buying expensive cars. Rockstar soon took all my money away but let me keep my cars. I have actually sold cars for money.

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought that craze died out. Pokemon mania disappeared from the news.

Nimnim

The Nim
That must be the game my SIL and grandson have been playing almost nonstop since they came to visit 2 weeks ago. 643 lakes in a 20 mile radius and they sit inside and play video games. They have access to a ton of fishing gear, boats, pontoons and kayaks but would rather vegetate. Grandma says leave them alone-they are on vacation. The thing is they are this way at their house too.

I very much enjoy playing video games, and a little over 10 years ago when I last visited my grandmother on the NJ coast(god rest her soul) I had brought some games to play but I really liked taking an inflatable raft out and rowing myself along the inlets enjoying the sea air. I'd enjoy the area during the day and play my games at night.

I can't say I'd do the same today if I were able, but I would probably just sit outside relaxing and enjoying the surroundings instead of the rowing and likely head inside earlier to play games, but when you go somewhere on vacation you should do more than you would than if you just stayed at home.

Nimnim

The Nim
If you want a sense of accomplishment in a game check out the Sky Factory mod for Minecraft. You literally start out on top of a tree on a single block of dirt and there's nothing else. Break the tree down to make planks around the dirt and plant more trees, then work your way to composting leaves to make dirt then sift it for pebbles to make stone and so on until you're making nuclear reactors and traveling to other dimensions to fight dragons while flying around with jetpacks.