Do you remember when

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I remember when you came in and believed that I worked for a company that thought things through. I thought I worked for a company that had some form of intelligence behind its decisions. I remember coming in when a center manager was allowed to run a center and not just filter down whatever garbage he was given from the higher morons. I also remember when all the managers that had a clue left the company at about the same time.

​Looks like you were ahead of the curve!

OPTION3

"Good times"? I've been here 28+ years.......don't know of many GOOD times....a LOT of "less than HELL" times though--lol

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I agree with you 100 0/0 Option 3 They were always anal and ball busters as far as methods, spying on you, DR audits, send again audits,calling resi NI stops to see if you went by and left note,,hiding out on the road and watching you, p/u audits,,sheet writing audits, calling p ups and asking about you, COD on car audits, I can go on and on !!! Its just now they have better technology,,,,,but also in those days ,if we screwed up and were honest with them, they had a small heart ,but a heart....Today they just have a quota to fire and put fear in every one !! all in all I think it was better back then !!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Most guys today have better package cars, better ventilation, power steering big hand rails, lower steps ,light weight hand trucks ,and can wear shorts !! Not sheet writing in the rain, or sweating all over the 5 clip boards they have running...they all grew up in the computer age so learning the DIAD is nothing like when we started using them, they aren't cutting off 50 or so air tags a day or carting around 100,s 0f dollars stuck to the sweat inside their long pants pockets !!

Rico

How about having to find a phone every 45 minutes or so to dial up and down load your DIAD's air info. Or having to call in your NDA & 2DA tracking numbers when the DIAD wasn't working, which was most of the time if was raining or below freezing.

wkmac

Most guys today have better package cars, better ventilation, power steering big hand rails, lower steps ,light weight hand trucks ,and can wear shorts !! Not sheet writing in the rain, or sweating all over the 5 clip boards they have running...they all grew up in the computer age so learning the DIAD is nothing like when we started using them, they aren't cutting off 50 or so air tags a day or carting around 100,s 0f dollars stuck to the sweat inside their long pants pockets !!

I think working at UPS is all relative to the individual. Many speak of the old days but to someone just hired in the last 5 years, the current conditions are their normal so most don't sweat it because they know nothing else. Doesn't mean they won't 8itch about the job but even those of us who came up in the old days, we 8itched too back in "those good ole days."

The only difference now is we have 3 times the reasons to 8itch and therefore we 8itch 3 times as much!

Or when top rate for a driver was $4.65/hr and there was a ratio used to hire drivers....when a p/t employee went driving...the next driver was hired off he street.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think working at UPS is all relative to the individual. Many speak of the old days but to someone just hired in the last 5 years, the current conditions are their normal so most don't sweat it because they know nothing else. Doesn't mean they won't 8itch about the job but even those of us who came up in the old days, we 8itched too back in "those good ole days."

The only difference now is we have 3 times the reasons to 8itch and therefore we 8itch 3 times as much!

I'm confused ... do we 8itch 3 times as much or do we 3itch 8 times as much?

didyousheetit

funny how I've forgotten all those fun good old days. Thanks for bringing them back.