Do you think that drivers are highly overpaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKBALLED

Most drivers at my building couldn't even unload a trailer as fast as me even if my two hands were broken. Anybody can drive a package car and make deliveries - even old 70 yr old men. But to unload and load trailers - the job is not for everybody. I unload a truck by my self with a metro that only extends half way into the truck, and I did it in only 30 minutes. I wasn't even trying. But how could someone say driving a package car is hard when old 70 yr old men can do it? I personally don't think that drivers should be paid more than $20 an hour. Anybody with one brain cell can do it. I also don't think that drivers should be paid more than highly skilled workers such as mechanics, engineers and construction workers. I think at least 25 to 30 percent of full time drivers' pay should be slashed and be added onto the part timers' pay rates. We need more non sellout part timer ba and officers.

First off, most Drivers started as Hourlies, Loading, Unloading etc... As far as overpaid, no fricken way are they overpaid, they earn every penny they get, it is financially rewarding but it is a sacrifice too for some, with Long hours and some managers who purposely keep them out till 10 sometimes 11 at night or later, they miss time with families, it is not the best job but it is financially rewarding and I feel for a lot of them, they are some of the hardest workers out there.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Most drivers at my building couldn't even unload a trailer as fast as me even if my two hands were broken. Anybody can drive a package car and make deliveries - even old 70 yr old men. But to unload and load trailers - the job is not for everybody. I unload a truck by my self with a metro that only extends half way into the truck, and I did it in only 30 minutes. I wasn't even trying. But how could someone say driving a package car is hard when old 70 yr old men can do it? I personally don't think that drivers should be paid more than $20 an hour. Anybody with one brain cell can do it. I also don't think that drivers should be paid more than highly skilled workers such as mechanics, engineers and construction workers. I think at least 25 to 30 percent of full time drivers' pay should be slashed and be added onto the part timers' pay rates. We need more non sellout part timer ba and officers.

You are so uninteresting, I secondguess why I even bother writing this ! :bsbullf:

Last edited:

thessalonian13

You're an idiot!!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ill say it again kid. You are a frekin idiot dude. You aint got the faintest idea youngblood. You wait til you drive if you make it that far. Youll see real quick kid the harsh reality of driving.

A

anonymous6

i'm surprised you haven't been voted the new ceo of this company.

Overpaid Union Thug

Prior to the current trend of 10+ hour days and management's total disregard for over 9.5 language I would have definitely agreed with the OP. Now, not so much. I still think I'd probably feel pretty blessed if we were making $22/hr instead of $32/hr. I'd still be making more than most of my friends and family. At least my opinion stems from actual experience as a driver. Anyone that has never done the job doesn't need to be making these assumptions. Even with experience opinions DO vary because some people think driving is very hard and some don't.

Returntosender

1044950_555001944545380_1198687904_n_zps9de7d387.jpeg

chevyman05

Do this job year in and year out 5 days a week 10-12 hrs a day and then let's hear that we're overpaid you arrogant.

Last edited by a moderator:

chevyman05

We've all put our time in working 2 jobs now we get paid well. Took us all a lot of years to make what we do.

Last edited by a moderator:

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Do this job year in and year out 5 days a week 10-12 hrs a day and then let's hear that we're overpaid you arrogant.

Why are you mad lol? Is it because the truth hurts? Face it, the job is easy, you are overpaid. Your $32 wage will soon be cut, just watch. The American citizen ain't buying it, we will soon get fed up and let the corporation throw you guys under the bus and make you work for the money and give you what you guys are worth. You will have to pay into your benefits sooner or later, nobody got time to baby sit you guys and give you your candy when you cry waaaaah.

purplesky

:wink2: TROLL!

:wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
I honestly think it is overpaid.
But it's a win, win situation.
UPS is (hopefully) happy with their drivers, and drivers won't quit and stay loyal, unlike some other jobs, where people come and go.

What was the weather like where everyone was at today?? 72 and overcast. Kinda felt like fall I made a fire and burned some brush. Nice day

purplesky

Until a person does package car for a few years,5 days a week in the heat and cold,50hrs a week,dealing with the public and UPS management,lifting up to 150 pounds,etc.. They are just not qualified to say UPS drivers are overpaid.

The biggest issue is that many package car drivers sacrifice their knees,shoulders,and backs to make a middleclass wage. HOW IS MAKING A MIDDLECLASS WAGE BEING OVERPAID?

K

Kevin Waggy

I spent over 7 years working on preload and in the unload.........most of us started out like you.....the problem is not what we are paid but what your not getting paid.....your problem is not with drivers but with the union and the company........

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
According to our Operations Manager (who weighs over 300 lbs) drivers are both over paid and underworked

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Until a person does package car for a few years,5 days a week in the heat and cold,50hrs a week,dealing with the public and UPS management,lifting up to 150 pounds,etc.. They are just not qualified to say UPS drivers are overpaid.

The biggest issue is that many package car drivers sacrifice their knees,shoulders,and backs to make a middleclass wage. HOW IS MAKING A MIDDLECLASS WAGE BEING OVERPAID?

Because you guys are undereducated and unskilled. It's not like you guys went to a trade school or college to become drivers. Any bum (crackhead) can sacrifice their body, you're telling me that they deserve to be paid high? I say no.

10veleze

We're not overpaid. We earn every single cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.