Doctor note for absence

watdaflock?

I’ve been out 5 days due to a serious illness my wife is dealing with. Am I obligated to bring a doctors note to my supervisor? My wife feels it would be a violation of her privacy and does not want me to hand over any sort of note. Does anyone know if I’m obligated by the contract or anything else to bring in the note?
Nice of you to risk a career because your wife doesn't feel well.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I’ve been out 5 days due to a serious illness my wife is dealing with.

Was she hospitalized ?

Apply for FMLA if UPS gives you a hard time. You don't need to give a note because it doesn't demonstrate your need to miss work. FMLA however is protected leave and they can't do squat unless what they do is illegal (which they still may do)

Suggesting someone to "apply" for FMLA is fine.

But, you should be ready to explain the contractual requirements.

-Bug-

quad decade guy

Was she hospitalized ?

Suggesting someone to "apply" for FMLA is fine.

But, you should be ready to explain the contractual requirements.

-Bug-

My experience-

My Mom passed away. We do get funeral leave(I'm aware). But I needed more time to square her

affairs. My mgr. said "do what you need to do. File FMLA". Just like that. There are many outcomes

and possibilities to this scenario(OP). It depends on a lot of factors. Just don't lie about anything.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
I’ve been out 5 days due to a serious illness my wife is dealing with. Am I obligated to bring a doctors note to my supervisor? My wife feels it would be a violation of her privacy and does not want me to hand over any sort of note. Does anyone know if I’m obligated by the contract or anything else to bring in the note?
Your wife does not work for UPS, you do. So what she feels would be a violation means nothing to your employer.
1. Have you called in every day or at least said I will be gone for a week?
2. Have you even told your supervisor "hey my wife is going through some stuff thats personal and she needs my help, what do I need to bring you?"

The fact you do not want to bring in a doctors note tells me you have no excuse to be missing work or you just do not care about your job. If she is that bad, it sounds like she should be under a doctor or nurses care.
Get on FMLA and be done with it.