Does a work accident go on my driving record?

CRASH501

IF there was a police report YES it goes on your license! do you have 2 separate drivers licenses, 1 for work and 1 for play? NO YOU DONT!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What the law considers an accident and what UPS considers and accident are 2 entirely different things. If you were not cited at fault by the law it will not affect your driving record despite what UPS says.

brown_trousers

probably depends on your management and their level of honesty and/or knowledge of the law. Most states require by law that any and all accidents above a certain dollar amount are reported to the DMV. And its sometimes a very low amount. Here in Washington state, we are required to report any collisions resulting in $700 of damage or more to the DMV within 4 days of the accident. And if its reported to the DMV, I'm betting that it will show up on your driving record.

opie

A co-worker that does some air driving got into a very minor accident. Police did come, and he later got a bigger bill from his insurance company.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
A co-worker that does some air driving got into a very minor accident. Police did come, and he later got a bigger bill from his insurance company.

he must have received a ticket...

Now that his own insurance went up I wonder if he will be a safer driver at UPS.

opie

No ticket. He's a part time air cover driver. He said any accident would go on your DMV record. I thought because since it's a commercial vehicle, and a work related accident that it would not reflect on your own DMV record/auto insurance policy. Unless you were cited.

UPSGUY72

I have had two accidents. The first I totaled a old P500 I slid into a tree during Freezing rain storm the police came no property damage and UPS is self insured so the officer gave me an accident report to fill out and left. My center manager told me to file the report in the circular file.

The second I backed into a fence. Notified the owner called my SUP gave him the owners info and went on with my day... SUP went out and took pictures. I got a accident form in the mail from A insurance company a week later and again filed it in the circular file. Never heard from them again.

Neither case effected my insurance...

CRASH501

IF there was a police report YES it goes on your license! do you have 2 separate drivers licenses, 1 for work and 1 for play? NO YOU DONT!

IN NEW YORK.....IF there was a police report YES it goes on your license! do you have 2 separate drivers licenses, 1 for work and 1 for play? NO YOU DONT!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​If the OP received a ticket, YES. For just a police report, NO. (ok, read your second post- Not in AZ).