Does anyone recognize these prints?

djyr2003

Hi,

I was going through some stuff and came across these art prints that appear to be pretty old. Two of them are of UPS drivers and their trucks, and one is of something called the "American Messenger Co." and the fourth says "Merchants Parcel Delivery". From what I understand the other companies were the original UPS. There pretty neat and would look great if they were framed.

I am not a UPS employee, but I figured that UPS employees would likely be the most likely people to recognize these. Does anyone know anything about these? Pics are attached.
Thanks in advance for your help!

-Dan

IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0044.jpg
IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg
IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0044.jpg
IMAG0043.jpg
IMAG0046.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hi,

I was going through some stuff and came across these art prints that appear to be pretty old. Two of them are of UPS drivers and their trucks, and one is of something called the "American Messenger Co." and the fourth says "Merchants Parcel Delivery". From what I understand the other companies were the original UPS. There pretty neat and would look great if they were framed.

I am not a UPS employee, but I figured that UPS employees would likely be the most likely people to recognize these. Does anyone know anything about these? Pics are attached.
Thanks in advance for your help!

-Dan

View attachment 4435
View attachment 4436
View attachment 4437

View attachment 4438

Yep.
These were all a set of prints that UPS had done a few years back (90's???).
Seems like I remember them as part of a United Way campaign at $5 a piece.
Had 1 of each at a point in time.
You see them all over UPS ... mostly in Old Timer's offices.

Big Babooba

I've got an old calender kicking around here somewhere that has the car washer print in it. Pretty sure that it was in the 80's.

DS

Fenderbender
Dan, welcome to the browncafe! Thanks for sharing the pics,I especially like the Christmas one.
Notice the driver is using a clipboard? Man those shoes are shiny despite all the snow.

Raw

Raw Member
I reconize the grey haired guy in the 3rd print, he retired a year or so after I got hired! Forgot all about him! :happy2:

djyr2003

Thank you everyone for your responses. Its very interesting to hear the history of these. I may be looking to sell these sometime soon.

kingOFchester

Thank you everyone for your responses. Its very interesting to hear the history of these. I may be looking to sell these sometime soon.

I have part of a plane I can sell ya.....used UPS socks.....3 used DIAD puches......1 used diad clip.......1 pack of soaked info notices

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I have a lawnmower powered by an electric motor to trade.

I tended to go through extension cords pretty frequently and then I covered them with all aluminum foil and ran my garden hose through the foil and cords for high technical cooling and so far so good!

I send my kids out every now and then to check on the Connection and they haven't come back with any complaints any old way.

P

pickup

nice pictures. Some of them reminded me of the old lionel train manuals mi father kept from the trains he got from his uncle.

The onliee time u see artwork like this toda is in some of the artwork u see in the pictures used in the Jehovah's witness magazines.

djyr2003

sorrie, dj, ur storie won't have the pot of gold of it like this one did.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_ansel_adams_lost_work

Lol. Yeah I'm still waiting to come across something like that. I doubt I ever will come across any thing worth even1/100 of that but its nice to dream.
Anyways, it looks like the rest of my last post wast cut off, I ment to include that If anyone's interested in these feel free to email or pm me.

hudson

These are commonly used as "decor" in the offices at UPS...I don't know anything else about them...I see them every where.

konsole

I wish the trucks were that small and clean nowadays. I'd be interested to find out the history of the size of the trucks and how many packages were loaded on them.

srvhero

"leastbest"
The trucks are downright nasty nowadays......management could care less if we have to work 10 hours a day out of filth....just cram the boxes in...put 10 min for A.M. time and get your A@# out of the building. Our image is declining everyday. Nasty trucks, crappy uniforms that do not fit, boxes beat to hell, and no time to maintain customer relations.