Does full time RTD near PHX exist?

brown-nosing

I'm a full time RTD on the east coast currently and thinking of moving to AZ in a couple years.

Need a full time position and curious if my current job is full time in that area. I know someone who came from AUS and said they are primarily part time there.

Also curious what the pay steps are if anyone knows.

bacha29

I'm a full time RTD on the east coast currently and thinking of moving to AZ in a couple years.

Need a full time position and curious if my current job is full time in that area. I know someone who came from AUS and said they are primarily part time there.

Whatever the case may be one thing is for certain. Express is not going to hold a job open for however long it may take you to finally get there.
Now, if you want to go to work for a ground contractor you could go out there when ever it's convenient to you and choose among dozens of contractor driver jobs. That's if you don't mind working for half the pay no overtime pay and zero benefits.

Artee

Know one knows what the pay steps are anywhere. You will get a raise when you get a raise. Its FDX so expect the unexpected.

I know someone who is a full time driver there. Amazon was killing it there and they were moving lots of trailers everyday out of the Amazon facility. If its anything like our RT there are not a lot of full time openings posted to JCATS/workday. Most are part time, hang around for 12 months and be upgraded to full time. Only 1 out of 5 or 6 full time positions make it external. The rest we upgrade internally, so you have to come in PT and wait for the upgrade.

Most of the senior couriers cannot afford to take the pay cut and hit to the 401k and pension and wait for FT openings. There is no guarantee and you could be PT for 3 years if you come in at the wrong time. Plus most of the couriers are wimps and are afraid to work nights and weekends for a year or two until a good shift comes up. or just flat out are afraid to drive a truck, so most of our hires over the past 5 years have been handlers from the stations or ramp with less than 2 years with the company.

brown-nosing

Know one knows what the pay steps are anywhere. You will get a raise when you get a raise. Its FDX so expect the unexpected.

I know someone who is a full time driver there. Amazon was killing it there and they were moving lots of trailers everyday out of the Amazon facility. If its anything like our RT there are not a lot of full time openings posted to JCATS/workday. Most are part time, hang around for 12 months and be upgraded to full time. Only 1 out of 5 or 6 full time positions make it external. The rest we upgrade internally, so you have to come in PT and wait for the upgrade.

Most of the senior couriers cannot afford to take the pay cut and hit to the 401k and pension and wait for FT openings. There is no guarantee and you could be PT for 3 years if you come in at the wrong time. Plus most of the couriers are wimps and are afraid to work nights and weekends for a year or two until a good shift comes up. or just flat out are afraid to drive a truck, so most of our hires over the past 5 years have been handlers from the stations or ramp with less than 2 years with the company.

Yeah that's very different than the east coast. Every posting I've seen out here is full time floating. I'm in a strange situation. I work for one of the only RT locations that I'm aware of from MA. All we do are ramp, station and hub runs. No heavyweight.

I'm a fairly new guy. 2 months away from 2 years at the company. Lucked out getting this position 3 months into my employment. I was a PT courier before that.

I would be okay with PT depending on the shift so long as the hours were decent enough that I could drive somewhere else as well until a FT opening pops up.

Do you happen to know any RT identifiers in that general area I could also check out? Workday has made it impossible to search unless you know what you're looking for.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do you happen to know any RT identifiers in that general area I could also check out? Workday has made it impossible to search unless you know what you're looking for.

I’m sure that is by design to discourage transferring or those who sign up for a transfer just to see where they stand. I know one identifier is PHX. Look up large airports and their zip codes and try to find it in Workday that way.