Does our insurance cover visits to a psychiatrist?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not even surprised you would agree.
He's actually right. A lot of non-trauma physical pain is related to the mind. Read The Mind Body Connection by John Sarno, MD and you'll look at things differently.
51FbMqaZDUL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I never believed in that stuff but after I got rid of the stress, started meditating and approached life with a glass half full attitude my chronic back pain is gone, my blood pressure is way down, etc.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
please relinquish your guns if you do have any during this time
That was kind of a dumb thing to post. You had no idea why the OP was asking. He might just want someone to talk to about his feelings or want help to improve himself. He's not necessarily despondent or a danger to anyone.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you call the psychiatrist you can ask. Be careful though if you are a driver. Antidepressants can disqualify you from operating a package car or feeder. Good for you for getting the help. Don't be embarrassed.
LOL....that smells like a medical disability/discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen.

I've never heard of that though. I personally know of 2 feeders on anti-depressants...both are still qualified to drive.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Psychiatry doesn't make someone nuts. Asking for help means someone is sane. If we helped vets coming back from Vietnam we would have a lot less homeless people right now.
Asking for help may make you sane but sanity doesn't automatically mean you can be fixed.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm just saying... employees should not have to be concerned with being disqualified from their job because of seeking psychiatric help.
On the other hand someone operating a heavy machine though can be dangerous. Think of someone in feeders pulling trailers down the Jersey Turnpike and wants to end his life. There is no rational thought there. That is an 80,000 pound death machine.

They do the same with pilots. The guy in Europe who flew a plane into a mountain a couple months ago hid his antidepressant usage from authorities, it ended up costing 150 people their lives.