Does our insurance cover visits to a psychiatrist?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My wife insisted we go to a family shrink during a rough period of our marriage. That didn't last past the first appointment after he took my side on who was creating the stress in our relationship. Funny how that works.
Here's a tip-don't visit with a female marriage counselor. You will most definitely get the short end of the stick.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
He's actually right. A lot of non-trauma physical pain is related to the mind. Read The Mind Body Connection by John Sarno, MD and you'll look at things differently.
51FbMqaZDUL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I never believed in that stuff but after I got rid of the stress, started meditating and approached life with a glass half full attitude my chronic back pain is gone, my blood pressure is way down, etc.
There's a balance to this. This is where both Eastern and Western medicine collide. Both have good points and if you find the right balance that works for you and your journey, then it can work like that.

I see an acupuncture therapist all the time. It works wonders. I've also studied a lot of Zanzen meditation and Japanese Aikido. It's amazing the effect it has on your health. I also see my doctor regularly and follow his advice.

It's about balance.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Not using the brake properly or at all can bind up the shifter. I used to replace snapped linkage on P32s on a monthly basis because of drivers not listening to my instructions on the proper sequence while parking on a hill.