Does seniority matter during 30 day qualification period?

Legitimyze

There are about 6 drivers still working on their “30 days”. I just finished school and am above all of them in seniority. Does this guarantee that I should be in before any of them each day?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
hell-naw-dierks-bentley.gif

542thruNthru

There are about 6 drivers still working on their “30 days”. I just finished school and am above all of them in seniority. Does this guarantee that I should be in before any of them each day?
If you are above them in seniority how is it they are in their 30 days and you are not?

542thruNthru

I recently decided to go to school. All the ones in their 30 days have been there less than a year or two total.
You'll be behind them. You waited and they didn't so they started their 30 days before you and will obtain a full-time seniority date before you. That's why they will be ahead of you.

If the company starts anybody with lower seniority on their 30 days before you now, you'll be able to file a grievance.

Legitimyze

You'll be behind them. You waited and they didn't so they started their 30 days before you and will obtain a full-time seniority date before you. That's why they will be ahead of you.

If the company starts anybody with lower seniority on their 30 days before you now, you'll be able to file a grievance.
Well we are all “cover drivers” so none of us are currently heading into full time. So I should still be ahead of them after the 30 days.

regardless you answered the question tho, I am not going to be guaranteed driving over them during my 30 days.

542thruNthru

Well we are all “cover drivers” so none of us are currently heading into full time. So I should still be ahead of them after the 30 days.

regardless you answered the question tho, I am not going to be guaranteed driving over them during my 30 days.
Where are you? If your area goes off of center seniority then they will be ahead of you on that as well. It depends on your supplemental language/ local rider.

Legitimyze

Where are you? If your area goes off of center seniority then they will be ahead of you on that as well. It depends on your supplemental language/ local rider.
I did follow up on that part, that I would bump everyone down a slot when I get my 30 in. Otherwise I wouldn’t have waited so long to go driving. So after my 30 I should be in every day. Also I will have seniority over all them when a bid goes up for full time based off of company hire date.

I know quite a few in my center who have done what I am currently doing and they moved into full time before others that completed their 30 days before them.

I just never asked about how the seniority works during the 30 day period, or “doesn’t” work I should say now.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Waking up at 330 AM for preload isn’t exactly “snoozin” 😂

I don’t think I lost anything either 🤷‍♂️
lucky you because our area has been at 6-7 hour preloads for months it's a proper night shift.

You can file for not following seniority for both the training class and being put on road afterwords if either was skipped in seniority. It's just such a bumpy road though that I would run it by the local office. Usual award is agreement to put on road asap and backdated "free" seniority but the filing period is odd.

JustDeliverIt

Yes, every one of us are part time. I guess that’s a pretty important detail I left out in the original post.

Here, if you are all PT and didn’t sign FT bids, seniority will be based on who completed their 30 days first for the remainder of the year. Then, on Jan 1, it resets to company seniority. But again, each area has its own way of doing it based on supplemental language.