Does seniority prevail with having to go help people at the end of day?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Long story short. Over 200 stops today. Just finishing up. Green light of death comes on to go help another driver. I told my sup hours ago that I do not want this extra work and that I will be out past 9pm. I also know for a fact that less seniority drivers have been allowed to go home. He said it has nothing to do with seniority and that he just needs as much help from everyone as he can. Even though other people were allowed to go home?
I will talk to my steward on Monday but is this right? This isn’t considered extra work that is forced to lower seniority guys?

Long story short. Over 200 stops today. Just finishing up. Green light of death comes on to go help another driver. I told my sup hours ago that I do not want this extra work and that I will be out past 9pm. I also know for a fact that less seniority drivers have been allowed to go home. He said it has nothing to do with seniority and that he just needs as much help from everyone as he can. Even though other people were allowed to go home?
I will talk to my steward on Monday but is this right? This isn’t considered extra work that is forced to lower seniority guys?
It's that time of the year . Make the money now . You will be begging for it after the new year

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
It's that time of the year . Make the money now . You will be begging for it after the new year

I make peanuts compared to top scale drivers. After taxes the “money” I get from OT really doesn’t equate to much of a difference. I’d rather have my time back. Plus it isn’t about the money, I do NOT like going to help other drivers. Sorry not sorry. I have enough work for myself. Send the new guys out there.

I do respect you @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U but your answer isn’t very helpful lol.

I make peanuts compared to top scale drivers. After taxes the “money” I get from OT really doesn’t equate to much of a difference. I’d rather have my time back. Plus it isn’t about the money, I do NOT like going to help other drivers. Sorry not sorry. I have enough work for myself. Send the new guys out there.

Many things go into the decision when they ask someone to go help someone else. How many pick up pieces they have, DOT hours available and area knowledge.

Faceplanted

Are you being “forced” to work Saturdays? Tell them when you are forced to help and you stay out late that you will take your self out of service on Saturdays due to “fatigue”. Be sure to use the word fatigue. I told these :censored2:s this year they have 2 choices, pound me Mon-fri and I’m not coming in sat, or make sure I’m off at a reasonable hour and I’ll come in sat for a few hours.

Indecisi0n

That means your bottom bitch. Suck it up greenhorn and pay your dues.

If you don't want to help others then throw out the anchor and get done late.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Do you remember that whole part.... filling out the job application....

Wanting to be a pkg car driver ?

:biggrin:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You probably won’t like this one either

Slow Down it’s not that difficult to see what’s going on

542thruNthru

Hate to say this man but if you're not top scale...... You are a new guy.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
My center is so big I already have seniority on about 20 people from the bottom. I know I’m new only halfway to top pay but there are many other people that can do this BS.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Are you being “forced” to work Saturdays? Tell them when you are forced to help and you stay out late that you will take your self out of service on Saturdays due to “fatigue”. Be sure to use the word fatigue. I told these :censored2:s this year they have 2 choices, pound me Mon-fri and I’m not coming in sat, or make sure I’m off at a reasonable hour and I’ll come in sat for a few hours.

I heard about people pulling this off last peak. Does it really count as a legitimate reason to miss Saturday if you’re too fatigued? No punishment?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You answered your own question without even realizing it.

Faceplanted

I heard about people pulling this off last peak. Does it really count as a legitimate reason to miss Saturday if you’re too fatigued? No punishment?
Yes it does. There was a dot ruling, maybe somebody can point you to the actual documents. It worked for me and 10-15 other driver last peak. Some drivers had elderly family members or church activists ect to take care of on Saturdays. I bid mon-fri. Sometimes if takes weeks to make changes if you have responsibilities on the weekend.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes it does. There was a dot ruling, maybe somebody can point you to the actual documents. It worked for me and 10-15 other driver last peak. Some drivers had elderly family members or church activists ect to take care of on Saturdays. I bid mon-fri. Sometimes if takes weeks to make changes if you have responsibilities on the weekend.
....and for Monday's, for Tuesday thru Saturday drivers???