Does the union know how much volume is going to the post office???

barnyard

KTM rider
The routes that I covered the last couple of days all had single package surepost stops. The packages were small enough that they had to have been proximity stops. If they were proximity stops, they were all very well done, as I delivered all them when parked to deliver another stop (either next door or across the street.)

Yesterday, I had 4 or 5 for sure.

hyena

FedEx Smartpost is delivered directly to Post Office processing centers by a feeder. FedEx employees do not handle the packages at any point during that process.

Yes, it is frustrating to watch the increasing piles of packages and bags of what many of you feel should be our work, but the reality is that if SurePost were eliminated we would get very little, if any, of that volume.

There were improvements made to the program in the last contract, to include proximity deliveries and enforcement of size/weight restrictions, which are supposed to divert packages back to us for final delivery.
After reading that horse s* I'll never tell @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U to stfu again , I'll reserve it for you

35years

Gravy route
Lets see...
In one Post Office bag I saw:
-2 packages for the same address; Happened to be a commercial address.
-3 residential stops; two houses next to each other and one directly across. I would have parked and walked all 3 at once.

The kicker is that these are the gravy packages. Small and light. I would gladly give all my 50+ lb boxes to the P.O., but I like my gravy.

Ms.PacMan

That must have been a recent change as we were told that SmartPost goes directly from the shipper to the PO.
This doesn't make any sense. The whole point of Smart/Sure post is to move freight to the right zip code within a system that handles freight.

If the shippers are moving freight to the PO then why even involve FedEx?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This doesn't make any sense. The whole point of Smart/Sure post is to move freight to the right zip code within a system that handles freight.

If the shippers are moving freight to the PO then why even involve FedEx?

The freight is picked up by a FedEx ground feeder and brought directly brought to a PO processing center rather than a hub to then be delivered to the local PO branches.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Lets see...
-3 residential stops; two houses next to each other and one directly across. I would have parked and walked all 3 at once.

The kicker is that these are the gravy packages. Small and light. I would gladly give all my 50+ lb boxes to the P.O., but I like my gravy.
Why do you know what's in the bag?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lets see...

I have also seen business stops going to the po... And those are just the single pkgs that I was able to look at.. Who knows how many business stops are in the bags.... I also have seen many stops going to the po only a few houses away from ground stops... And NO single surepost stops.... Yep, the updated surepost language is a joke...