Does the union know how much volume is going to the post office???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
To post office is also getting a lot of volume straight from Amazon. They have put a hurting on lazership.
This is something I have a lot of trouble with. The USPS has a built in cost advantage of going to every house anyway because they have a monopoly on the mail service.

They should not be allowed to compete with us and fedex or at the least not allowed to undercut our prices.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is something I have a lot of trouble with. The USPS has a built in cost advantage of going to every house anyway because they have a monopoly on the mail service.

They should not be allowed to compete with us and fedex or at the least not allowed to undercut our prices.
And how much money is ups and FedEx giving them a year to deliver our work??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The packages have the post office address and then a box number..same difference

Our local post office refuses any non-Surepost packages addressed to them. For the most part the consignees are Canadians who really don't know how our postal system works. They will call to have them put on hold at the center.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our local post office refuses any non-Surepost packages addressed to them. For the most part the consignees are Canadians who really don't know how our postal system works. They will call to have them put on hold at the center.
Qvc has been sending po boxes to the po.. They don't do any checking of boxes that come in so maybe they are slipping through...I am still finding businesses and similar streets that I have ground for...absolutely 0 proximity stops maybe your center is a "test center"?????LOL

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have had single package sure post stops everyday this week. Some were proximity, some were too big for sure post.
I guess you could call it the scraps because the po in your center are probably still getting the bulk of it...a few stops here and there isn't going to put in additional routes...am I wrong??

barnyard

KTM rider
a few stops here and there isn't going to put in additional routes...am I wrong??

That is exactly how new routes get put in. I have been on a 'cut route' everyday this week. Today's route had stops off 4 other routes; yesterday's was from 5 routes.

I remember at least 4 packages today that had AC labels on them. Those are packages that the clerk as decided does not belong in the surepost bags.