Does this change our lunch breaks?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 10 2 go, Jun 6, 2013.

1. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

On UPSers.com. Under corporate pcm.
    New lunch break rules. Will this require us to only 30 min for lunch? Says there must be atleast be a 30 min break in an 8 hr period. Sorry I was unable to move link w my kindle.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Lunches are a supplement item and I didn't see any changes to our lunch when I glanced at our supplement.

3. 3 done 3 to go

I know. It says it starts July 1st. A new rule by the Fed Highway Commission. Maybe it came in after the agreement?

4. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

It will still be 45 minutes. They won't give this up as many donate this time.

5. 3 done 3 to go

I agree with that. If so, the guys whom take their lunch at the end of the day may be affected. Ups could use stealing time?

6. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

They pretty much do as they please. On a side note, what is the mood in 294? I am hearing most are against supplement? Meetings cancelled??

7. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I believe that is for drivers that have to show a 1/2 break on their log books if they work/drive over 8 hrs in a day. I don't work for UPS. But it seem that if you already have a lunch break,you would be covered under the new law...

8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Everyone can put in a fake lunch hour the same way they do now.

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It's a new federal law for dot drivers to take a 30 lunch everyday no exceptions. I hear there will be a numbers to call to report violations. This will change ups big time.

10. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

This is actually a new rule set in place by the FMCSA.
    Breaks:
    The new rule states that truck drivers cannot drive after working eight hours without first taking a break of at least 30 minutes. Drivers can take the 30-minute break whenever they need rest during the eight-hour window.

11. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I think there is an exception for vehicles delivering in a 150 mile radius of the terminal.

12. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

13. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It's a good rule that really going to upset a lot of runners.

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Taking it all back.....

ups has the technology to see who is delivering through their lunch...and will do nothing about it....nothing will change unless co-workers have a problem with it

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I will call and report anyone I find out who is breaking the law.

17. sigreq

sigreq Member

It's DOT not ups

18. Coldworld

Coldworld Taking it all back.....

if there will actually be a hotline number where someone can go on there and make a complaint that will help....especially for sups running routes and not taking the full breaks and lunch...lol

19. 3 done 3 to go

UPS does overlook the runners. But,do you think the state will be able to see those times

20. 3 done 3 to go

It says for all UPS drivers. I wish I could move it over. I'm not able to with my kindle