Does Tie Guy Flame Everyone?

BCFan

I keep getting negative reputation from good ole Tie Guy while I see his is growing so I took a peek at his profile and I noticed that most of my brothers and sisters that give him a negitive comment fail to check the I Disagree spot on the rep meter...... Am I the only pro worker pro teamster that good ole Tie Guy flames ....would love some input from y'all ....tell me also if I am off base with this and I certainly will accept that also (jut not you good ole Tie Guy) Thanks:thumbup1: BC

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I keep getting negative reputation from good ole Tie Guy while I see his is growing so I took a peek at his profile and I noticed that most of my brothers and sisters that give him a negitive comment fail to check the I Disagree spot on the rep meter...... Am I the only pro worker pro teamster that good ole Tie Guy flames ....would love some input from y'all ....tell me also if I am off base with this and I certainly will accept that also (jut not you good ole Tie Guy) Thanks:thumbup1: BC

BC, I think Tie has a very dry sense of humor (no offense, Tie...I do, too). Being professional and losing the sarcasm/immaturity might take you quite far with Mr. Tie. Personally, I've never had a problem with him. He's never been anything but intelligent and articulate when I've discussed things with him. Best advice I can give is don't post anything you would have a problem with saying to your mother or father. Personally, I wouldn't have said any of the "electrolis" :censored2: to my mother. As to the accident stuff...my father might have clocked me for even joking about covering up an accident. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
Its like being in school again, you pick on the one girl you like until she gives in. Let tie take you out to dinner and be done with it! If that doesnt work i would file a grievance against him for management employee relations and harrasment. If that doesnt work i would let him have it on the ERI (we already know the questions) and hope hes gets demoted.

Channahon

The beauty of this site, is all the different views and opinions. I add to a members rep power or send an private message, after reading a post,
whichever I think is appropiate based on the content of the post and my reaction to reading the post.

To answer your question - Tie does not flame everyone, he is just using the rep power like everyone else.

In my opinion, there is a lot of respect for the members of this board.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
BC fan I just added to your rep. That's the first time I've ever even thought about that rep meter and the last. Your concern is somewhat understandable. You should also concern yourself with the substance of your posts and leave that rep meter to the prevaricative sect that Tieguy subscribes to. Their brotherhood falls apart when challenged on their obtuse leadership and they'll eat their own. As you know UPS wasn't always this way. I've had some great management over the years but sadly UPS has seen a exodus compentant people, cashing out, only to be left with the likes of Tieguy. Post away without regard to that rep meter ultimately you'll know your impact through others replys.

dillweed

Sometimes things are said on a forum or in chat and taken the wrong way. We can't see each others' winks and smiles so we often miss intended humor. Maybe this is the problem.

Also, keep in mind that management folks are often of a different personality type than laborers. Could be that even a seen wink or smile would be lost over a controversial subject.

Please don't ruin the pleasant experience of sharing by focusing on any individual who seems to seriously disagree with you. Refrain from posting anything just to annoy him and let the chips fall. dw

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
BC, with all due respect, you have flamed Tie a few times, I had to delete one of your posts myself. I have never had a problem with him, if you want respect from people, you have to respect them too. This Board is open to all UPS employees, and I like to read everyone's prespective. By using the name "Tieguy", he is open about being in management and takes way too many shots from people that don't like that. I like his points of views, he often explains things in a different way that I may have not thought of. And he does often make a lot of points that a lot of people just don't get.

May God help us all if an Industrial Engineer that goes around putting PAS in our Centers were to log on. He would be torn to pieces instead of us being able to ask him why things with PAS/EDD are set up that way.:tongue_sm

Sammie

When I entered the Brown Cafe my first impression of Tie was that he was pretty much no nonsense/all business. It takes a lot to make me laugh but I really lost it on the "lets make a UPS dream team and have tieguy the center manager and his reply of

"Too much responsibility. I'd have to give myself a warning letter".

I then realized that Tie enjoys this site as much as anybody or he wouldn’t bother with it.

And some of these discussions can be rather like stepping into the ring with abrasive participants but that’s what makes it intriguing.

People couldn’t get enough of the gladiators and the lions and folks will never forget the frustrated boxer who bit off a chunk of his opponent’s ear. That's entertainment, folks!

If everybody on this forum held their tongue and minded every manner would it be nearly as informative or interesting? All of the glorious personalities we have here make this a great place to zone out for a minute or two.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I usually give postive approvals. In BC's case he has given me three negative ones already. That means he gets the same critical scrutiny in return that he is giving me. Its alright though BC you're just another "proworker, proteamster" taking his hatred out on management here. I'm used to it.

giving a fellow worker advice on how to cover up accidents and possibly get himself fired deserved that rating. I'm not sure how you can give such advice and then claim to be anyones "brother".

Try being a member of our community here instead of being a "proworker, proteamster" fighting management. That's what work is for.

local804

I usually give postive approvals. In BC's case he has given me three negative ones already. That means he gets the same critical scrutiny in return that he is giving me. Its alright though BC you're just another "proworker, proteamster" taking his hatred out on management here. I'm used to it.

Try being a member of our community here instead of being a "proworker, proteamster" fighting management. That's what work is for.

Proworker,proteamster taking hatred out on management?
Just because he dont agree that the management side is always correct, like you do, does not give him the title fighting management. The management in your little bubble could never do wrong, well except till your MIP was messed with. Try looking at both sides of the ring before you put on the gloves.

tieguy

Banned
Just because he dont agree that the management side is always correct, like you do, does not give him the title fighting management. The management in your little bubble could never do wrong, well except till your MIP was messed with. Try looking at both sides of the ring before you put on the gloves.

You're one to give that advice.

You try to put words in my mouth. I tell you I never said what you put there, you insist I did.

I then find a post where you quoted someone else and thought it was me and point it out to you.

No response, you run and hide from your mistake rather then admitting to it. But you have no problem jumping in on this BS thread where your buddy cries and whines because the fire he was playing with got too hot for him.

local804

You try to put words in my mouth. I tell you I never said what you put there, you insist I did.

I then find a post where you quoted someone else and thought it was me and point it out to you.

No response, you run and hide from your mistake rather then admitting to it. But you have no problem jumping in on this BS thread where your buddy cries and whines because the fire he was playing with got too hot for him.

I did not run and hide from any mistake Mr. Tieguy. The post that you refer to was an alt name(non registered) which a couple of us think is you. I just answered the post by your real name(tieguy) not the alt name that was listed. Enjoy your weekend Sir!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

I've never said management is always correct. They're human, just like you and I. They have a whole different set of stresses to deal with than hourlies--upper-management, poorly performing hourlies, etc, etc. I feel bad for the good management that has to deal with this BS. BC might have been inbounds with his negative rep posts but his crying and whining crossed the line. I'm on Tie's side here. BC, you make good points sometimes (h*ll, I just gave you positive rep power 24 hours ago!) but you gotta learn to pick your battles.

I agree. You throw BULL:censored2:, you better expect it to get hurled back! BC didn't realize that. I'm hoping he does now. And 804, incorrectly quoting a poster isn't just mean, its wrong! You put words in Tie's mouth (particularly insulting words) and he's gonna come back at ya! You were given the opportunity to apologize, retract what you said but I haven't seen it. If it was posted or PM'ed, I apologize for calling you out on it.

And FYI: I'm actually pro-union but I don't like a lot the BS that happens within it. BC's comments were along the lines of what I don't like. -Rocky

tieguy

Banned
I did not run and hide from any mistake Mr. Tieguy. The post that you refer to was an alt name(non registered) which a couple of us think is you. I just answered the post by your real name(tieguy) not the alt name that was listed. Enjoy your weekend Sir!

Man no end your dishonesty. Now you not only put words in my mouth but you have me posting under other ID's. Ask Cheryl to research the ID's and sources and then conceed the point if you're man enough to.

DS

Fenderbender
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
pre·var·i·cate
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/prɪˈvær
thinsp.png
ɪˌkeɪt/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pri-var-i-keyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –verb (used without object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing. to speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.

Good word...again ,but I really beilieve tie just hates slackers.
He contributes his opinion in his own way,and he adds color
to this site.Not enough mngmt folks post in here.Channahon
is one of the few who do,and her views are always right on.