does UPS have a cancer benefits program(foundation)?

René Kaehne

Hi,

My youngest son (almost 2 year old) has been diagnosed with leukemia (blood cancer), and was wondering if the Company has a Foundation where you apply for Financial help. By help I don't mean for threatment, but more for having a Little spending Money for a trip to the zoo, travelling, buy a toy or something else he would like to do or have.

I've asked my local HR (Denmark) for this, and they haven't heard of anything like it. Maybe someone here knows or knows WHO I could contact.
If a benefit like this doesn't exist, then I'd love to request for creation of such program, so other in the future could have this possibility.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hi,

My youngest son (almost 2 year old) has been diagnosed with leukemia (blood cancer), and was wondering if the Company has a Foundation where you apply for Financial help. By help I don't mean for threatment, but more for having a Little spending Money for a trip to the zoo, travelling, buy a toy or something else he would like to do or have.

I've asked my local HR (Denmark) for this, and they haven't heard of anything like it. Maybe someone here knows or knows WHO I could contact.
If a benefit like this doesn't exist, then I'd love to request for creation of such program, so other in the future could have this possibility.

Sorry to hear about your child, but UPS does all their charitable contributions through the United Way .
UPS Europe may operate differently from the one here in the states , but they are not known for setting up things for their employees here

René Kaehne

Thanks for the Quick response. I've never heard of United way here in Denmark. I know thats UPS has done volunteer Work for Foundation like make-a-wish and contributed Money to them.
I was just hoping the Company had its own Foundation for its employees, who gets Struck by a life-threatning disease.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thanks for the Quick response. I've never heard of United way here in Denmark. I know thats UPS has done volunteer Work for Foundation like make-a-wish and contributed Money to them.
I was just hoping the Company had its own Foundation for its employees, who gets Struck by a life-threatning disease.

It would be nice if they did, but I've been here 30 years , and they dont go out of their way to provide extra help. UPS Europe is a different company than UPS North America so they may have something there for employees

René Kaehne

Europe has worse benefit programs than the US.
we have no employee discounts at all. We only get free coffee as the only benefit. During the recession we had to pay for our coffee. I'm been with company for more than 15 years. When I started, we had fruit baskets delivered twice a week, breakfast every Friday, fresh newspaper, Christmas parties and etc. All that has been discarded over time due to Company policy dictates equal "benefits". We all here know that Theres a difference between UPS US and UPS non-us.

Example: In Denmark its tradition for Companies to have Christmas parties (food, drink and music) all payed by the employer. The employer can apply for tax deduction. But since Christmas parties aren't held in all other countries, then it has been trashed.

cachmeifucan

Hi,

Try the Anne E Casey foundation. Or ask a fellow coworker to pass the hat at a union meeting. I had to once for a coworker who died. Me and 1 guy raised 1400 at our building and I collected 1000 at the hall. He had 2 kids felt really good to be able to give his family 2400. Rip will