Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

browniehound

Let's say I do let the helper coordinator do his/her job. You are talking a minimum of 3-4 cellphone calls and/or ODS messages just to do what I can do with one quick phone call.

I make call. I set time. I am driver.
No, I have the same meet place every time on every day. I'm not calling my half-retarded, half asleep, stoned out helper every day to confirm this. Its the helper coordinators job to call the helper every morning. I don't have time for that crap. Why can't they do their job and not ask me to do it for them? When they ask me to call the helper to confirm I'm doing their job.

I have 50 businesses and 200-225 residentials to do on December 10th. The last thing I need to worry about is calling a helper that is going to show up or not show up and move as slow as molasses all day.

Sorry lady, not my department. You call them. Why should I call them?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The alternative would have been a 2 hour round trip after finishing my area to run it off. Thanks, but no thanks.

As it turns out, he didn't run it off either. It was sitting on his desk as I punched out and went home.

The honest alternative would have been sheeting as missed. Instead, it got some kind of bogus exception scan.

busterbrownlady

Mine does have my number. I do take it off on taxes at the end of the year. Your allowed to take a percentage off. But if I don't want to talk to them, I simply don't answer. Bottom line is that's it is MY phone.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
downloadfile-22.jpeg

So much for finding a pay phone.

EmraldArcher

Sober, this is the most practical, level-headed and reasonable response I've read so far. Yes, management has my cell # and not just because its my only contact # as I don't have a landline(why pay 2 phone bills?).

I gave it to them just because its more convenient for all of us. I prefer to use the DIAD for most communications but sometimes it doesn't suffice.

I don't know what the big deal is. When they want to talk to you while on the clock they are going to make sure you respond. You can't ignore management, so why not just let your sup. call you? Why go through the trouble of calling the office and being patched in to the sup. office? And if your sup. wants to talk to you, why make him send a message in the DIAD so you have to call the office and wait for a transfer to your sup.?

Why not let him call you directly so you can get on with your business?

I don't understand this "until UPS pays my bill they will never get my #" talk. Everybody has unlimited minutes today, so its no sweat or extra cost from you. I just think these drivers need something to bitch about. They need to add this to their list of crap they are going to give the company simply because they hate your job and/or the company.

I get DIAD messages almost every day to "Call Supervisor X" and every single time it's because they're sending me to do someone else's work.

If you're going to make me do more work then I'm going to make it take as long as possible to relay information and set up meet points.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I get DIAD messages almost every day to "Call Supervisor X" and every single time it's because they're sending me to do someone else's work.

If you're going to make me do more work then I'm going to make it take as long as possible to relay information and set up meet points.
If I know that I am going to have to help someone whether I want to or not, I would just as soon get the meet point and time set up as quickly as possible and the easiest way to do that is via cell phone. The guys in my area all have each others cell numbers and most of the time if one of us needs help we leave management out of the picture entirely and just text message each other directly. I respect any drivers right to not use his phone for work purposes, but remember that help goes both ways and if you are the one who needs to give stops away you might be making it harder on the guy who is helping you if he is forced to waste time communicating with you through the office rather than directly.

poophappens

I gave my number out and they call or text favors from me so I do the same. I text in sick. When they stop replying to it then I stop replying to mine ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

EmraldArcher

If I know that I am going to have to help someone whether I want to or not, I would just as soon get the meet point and time set up as quickly as possible and the easiest way to do that is via cell phone. The guys in my area all have each others cell numbers and most of the time if one of us needs help we leave management out of the picture entirely and just text message each other directly. I respect any drivers right to not use his phone for work purposes, but remember that help goes both ways and if you are the one who needs to give stops away you might be making it harder on the guy who is helping you if he is forced to waste time communicating with you through the office rather than directly.

If I'm going to get forced OT I'm going to get as much as possible and I'm NEVER the person getting help. I've literally never once been sent help.

tacken

Here's an idea every driver take care of there own deliveries and when your done you can go in. Why is it i bust my hump all day than go help the slug out? When all he has to due is pick up the pace a little bit to get done.

PT Car Washer

Yes, and it's :censored2: annoying. It works to my advantage that I can confirm a sick call (we call a voicemail box to call off) by texting my sup...but getting texts to come in early or texts during the sort about add/cuts or closed stops is a PITA.
I can't believe you would get a text during the sort for an Add/Cut. Our prerload manager would have a cow if you looked at your cell phone during the sort. Not even sure if they are allowed in the building. That policy goes back and forth.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I can't believe you would get a text during the sort for an Add/Cut. Our prerload manager would have a cow if you looked at your cell phone during the sort. Not even sure if they are allowed in the building. That policy goes back and forth.
i got 6 during the start of the sort today from my pt sup ...and no, they say anything about looking at your phone...so long as your slide is clean.

PT Car Washer

i got 6 during the start of the sort today from my pt sup ...and no, they say anything about looking at your phone...so long as your slide is clean.
Not sure what you mean by your slide is clean. Our preload has a boxline and some central belts with package cars backed up on both sides. Shove it down your throat all morning. Not even PT sups play with their phones anymore. Preload manager is a real Nazi.