Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

EmraldArcher

Not sure what you mean by your slide is clean. Our preload has a boxline and some central belts with package cars backed up on both sides. Shove it down your throat all morning. Not even PT sups play with their phones anymore. Preload manager is a real Nazi.

Probably the slide from a PD belt. He must be loading a bulk truck.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
BB58 is a freakin beast dude, that's one badazz chick right there when it comes to loading trucks. Ive seen her loads and dude shes a freakin JEDI when it comes to loading that beastazz pull she has. Ill give props when props are deserved lol.

Griff

My manager asked me for my cell number today. I told him if you need to get in touch with me you can use the DIAD or my home phone. Once in a while he'll mention in a PCM for drivers to stop texting and calling him for days off, favors, etc. To me, the only persons cell he should have is the stewards. Maybe I'm being old fashioned.

I'm a steward and I refuse to give any of them my cell phone #.

I get messages almost daily "so and so has a misload for you. call 333-333-3333 plz, need you to meet up and get it THANKS".

I never call and never will.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I get messages almost daily "so and so has a misload for you. call 333-333-3333 plz, need you to meet up and get it THANKS".

The fact that you are a steward is irrelevant to the discussion.

In your example above, wouldn't you rather set up the meet point when it is more convenient for you and when you are closer to the area the misload is in?

Work smarter, not harder.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am on vacation this week and only received two texts and one phone call from my on-car. The first text/call was to ask me if I would be willing to work that day (they were slammed and I have done this in the past) and the second was to remind me of the retirement party this morning. I declined the work offer but my son and I will be going in this morning for the party. The driver retiring and I were stationed together at the local AFB, he was the best man at my wedding and he got me hired here. Hard to believe it has been 30 years since he started working here and 32 since we were stationed together.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Retirement party at the center?
Seriously?

Yup. We invite the spouse and children to join us to honor their husband/wife/father/mother. The retiree is given a plaque, the spouse flowers and they serve light refreshments. Retirees who are unable to move on or have nothing better to do will attend. If possible, the DM will also attend. It's a pretty big deal.

Back on topic---my on-car just called me to see if I wanted to work. Either we are really slammed or it is true that UPS falls apart whenever I take a day off or go on vacation.

oldngray

nowhere special
[irony]Including a pompous a**.[/irony]
easy_ways_to_tell_you_are_actually_a_total_nerd_640_33.jpg

JackStraw

Today I was over dispatched and was not going to be in until 8:30. They needed a meet pt for my PU pieces. Gave em' one. Waiting at point my phone rings, and it's a co-worker. I don't answer. Turns out he's lost and can't find me. Older driver, no map, and a dumb phone. Have to use diad to set up another pt. All told it cost them about 15 mins for me and 45 for the meet driver. Screw me on a Friday? Felt good to make them pay.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today I was over dispatched and was not going to be in until 8:30. They needed a meet pt for my PU pieces. Gave em' one. Waiting at point my phone rings, and it's a co-worker. I don't answer. Turns out he's lost and can't find me. Older driver, no map, and a dumb phone. Have to use diad to set up another pt. All told it cost them about 15 mins for me and 45 for the meet driver. Screw me on a Friday? Felt good to make them pay.

What an absolute waste of time.