Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

OPTION3

Today I was over dispatched and was not going to be in until 8:30. They needed a meet pt for my PU pieces. Gave em' one. Waiting at point my phone rings, and it's a co-worker. I don't answer. Turns out he's lost and can't find me. Older driver, no map, and a dumb phone. Have to use diad to set up another pt. All told it cost them about 15 mins for me and 45 for the meet driver. Screw me on a Friday? Felt good to make them pay.
CHA-CHING!

Griff

The fact that you are a steward is irrelevant to the discussion.

In your example above, wouldn't you rather set up the meet point when it is more convenient for you and when you are closer to the area the misload is in?

Work smarter, not harder.

Only bigger know-it-all I've seen on this site was tie-guy. You probably are him under a different alias.

The fact I'm a steward is relevant to the discussion seeing as how the OP referred to the steward/manager relationship.

Thanks, drive through.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Griff

I am on vacation this week and only received two texts and one phone call from my on-car. The first text/call was to ask me if I would be willing to work that day (they were slammed and I have done this in the past) and the second was to remind me of the retirement party this morning. I declined the work offer but my son and I will be going in this morning for the party. The driver retiring and I were stationed together at the local AFB, he was the best man at my wedding and he got me hired here. Hard to believe it has been 30 years since he started working here and 32 since we were stationed together.

20+ years at ups and you haven't grown a pair yet. Pretty amazing. I wonder if they'll take your picture and put it on the side of the building when you retire.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Griff

I someday hope to be half of the Joe Union that you are today.

Tell me how allowing management to contact you during a scheduled week off helps you in anyway? Besides feeding into your ego about how much you go above and beyond for the company. If you want to work through the week, do it by your own accord. You are being used.

You are not a UPS manager. You are not required to correspond with them off the clock. It's a lack of respect. They do not respect you or your life away from work. Plain and simple. I know you don't understand that but that would bother me greatly and I'd have something to say about it.

It's not really a union thing. It's a self respect thing.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jr32bad

It's there technology make them use it I refuse to be harassed on my cell phone I pay the bill not them

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Turns out I wasn't the only they called---everyone who was on vacation was called. One of our drivers got the voice mail right after her plane landed in Hawaii.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Have not answered my cell phone since 01/01/2014. Have put everybody on blocked call except my family and friends. No more texts and no more phone calls.

PT Car Washer

Turns out I wasn't the only they called---everyone who was on vacation was called. One of our drivers got the voice mail right after her plane landed in Hawaii.
Been called lots of times during vacation week if I want to come in and help out when the center is jammed. Sometimes I will, and most times don't. My call. I am just glad I am not management and forced to deal with it all.