Dog attack. Pennsylvania

bacha29

" Beware Of Dog" signs are an acknowledgement of dogs on the property that have a prior and or proven history of attacking or injuring a person. It provides any visitor with the option of deciding on whether or not to enter the property. At the same time as an employee what choice was this service provider given? I would be willing to bet that there's at least a 99% likelihood that the property/dog owner doesn't have a nickel's worth of liability insurance on those damn dogs and as has been the case in other similar situations will want some sort of exception to be made in their case.
If security is what they were seeking there are plenty of security firms standing by ready to install far safer, more secure and less costly security systems.

Three questions now exist.
Will UPS and or it's insurer seek to subrogate against the dog owners?
Why would the property owners go to such great lengths to secure the property?
Was it the property itself or the contraband that may be inside it?

Zowert

Someone tell me the difference between the owner using a gun or these animals to do harm to someone?

Using a firearm against someone (other than a self defense scenario) would be malicious. In the case with these dogs one could say it’s irresponsibility, unless they gave an order for the dogs to attack a person.

Who in the hell would want the liability of 3 trained attack dogs. I sincerely hope the owner of the dogs is sued for everything they have. When you order something to be shipped to you, you know someone has to come on to your property to deliver it. They knew exactly what day their package was coming yet failed to secure their friend’ing attack dogs.

Zowert

A woman in Maryland was just killed by a pit bull she had just adopted. Those dogs are a lot worse than German Shepherds.

Pit bulls are unpredictable. I never step foot on property where one of them are on. I don’t care how harmless the owner claims them to be. I’m a stranger and if that dog sees me as a threat he’s likely to attack. Had one pit bull owner scoff at me and laugh because I made them walk to their front gate and get their package while their pit was roaming in the front yard. “It’s okay he won’t bite, you can come on up!” Yeah... no thanks.

bacha29

Pit bulls are unpredictable. I never step foot on property where one of them are on. I don’t care how harmless the owner claims them to be. I’m a stranger and if that dog sees me as a threat he’s likely to attack. Had one pit bull owner scoff at me and laugh because I made them walk to their front gate and get their package while their pit was roaming in the front yard. “It’s okay he won’t bite, you can come on up!” Yeah... no thanks.
In California some years back a graduate student at the University of San Francisco was unlocking and about to enter her apartment when a pair of attack trained mastiffs owned by drug dealing tenants down at the end of the hallway attacked her ripping out her wind pipe and left her there to bleed to death.
At the trial the defendants claimed that the victim was a lesbian and the dogs attacked her because they were trained to identify lesbians. Honest. This was part of their defense.
They were each sentenced to 30 years.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Says she is extremely appreciative of her employer. Hope they continue to reach out. Hope they help her with finances...hope they do the right thing for her. Hope the right thing is done with the dogs. Hope she isnt ruined financially over this. She wont be back to work any time soon.

I wonder how the attack was stopped.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We had a similar situation a long time ago.

The house was posted with K-9 guard dogs on duty. (something like that)

The driver walked down to the house, when 2 German Shepards busted through a

screen door and started biting him. The house was on a hill and the driver was able to

jump up on the roof. This in a very expensive area, and I couldn't understand why

he didn't sue. Homeowners insurance does cover it.

Now;

I have had personal experience with German Shepards since my teens.

They are extremely smart and will react.... depending how they are raised.

1tvw8y.jpg

If they are socialized.... no problem. Inside your home, they are protective.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Says she is extremely appreciative of her employer. Hope they continue to reach out. Hope they help her with finances...hope they do the right thing for her. Hope the right thing is done with the dogs. Hope she isnt ruined financially over this. She wont be back to work any time soon.

It's an obvious workers comp case.

But, there is going to be civil liability on the home owners part. (signs or not)

Lets' hope UPS does the right thing.

Just the psychological aspect can be devastating.

Pain and suffering, plus permanent scars.

Somebody.... better be warming up their checkbook.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I read another article that said the owner pulled the dogs off.

bacha29

I've heard and read where several insurers have gone on record as saying that if you the insured client get those damn dogs but fail to report their acquisition to the company and those dogs injure an innocent party the insurer can and more often than not will deny the claim.