Dog attack. Pennsylvania

oldngray

nowhere special
A Belgian Malinois is like a German Shepard.... on crack.

They are hard to train, and not a family pet.
My neighbor had one and she was friendly but you could tell it wouldn't take much to trigger her aggression. They can be good pets but you have to be careful socializing and training them.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
I copied this from a facebook post. Anyone from the area that can verify??

Please start a prayer chain for a dear family friend of many years. Amy Demi as many of you know is the lead singer for Switch. She was severely mauled on Tues Aug 28 while delivering a UPS letter to a house in Penn Twp. She was mauled by 3 German Shephards imported from Germany and trained at a military facility as attack dogs. The only fence around the property was an invisible fence. The dogs were let out as she was making her delivery. They took her down and ravagely tore her apart. Her legs, arms, chest and back. She has wounds that cant be closed because there isnt enough skin to close them. Infection is a big threat right now and today she faces her 3rd surgery. For whatever reason this vicious dog attack that will impact Amy for life was not reported by any news stations. Please know that Amy is loved by many and needs our prayers. Please feel free to share. Amy needs as many prayers as she can get and this vicious attack should have made the news.

Soon Recovery..
tenor (2).gif

Dr.Brownz

" Beware Of Dog" signs are an acknowledgement of dogs on the property that have a prior and or proven history of attacking or injuring a person. It provides any visitor with the option of deciding on whether or not to enter the property. At the same time as an employee what choice was this service provider given? I would be willing to bet that there's at least a 99% likelihood that the property/dog owner doesn't have a nickel's worth of liability insurance on those damn dogs and as has been the case in other similar situations will want some sort of exception to be made in their case.
If security is what they were seeking there are plenty of security firms standing by ready to install far safer, more secure and less costly security systems.

Three questions now exist.
Will UPS and or it's insurer seek to subrogate against the dog owners?
Why would the property owners go to such great lengths to secure the property?
Was it the property itself or the contraband that may be inside it?

It's really easy. DONT DELIVER TO HOUSES WITH DOGS SIGNS. LEAVE IT AT THE GATE IF ANYTHING. IF NOT THEY CAN COME GET IT. Their trash from amazon is not worth being injured

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I work at a neighboring center to this incident , within about 30 minutes (can’t give too many details) , it DISGUSTS me that my management team never discussed this at the PCM. We are too worried about telling grown men to stay hydrated , yeah no :censored2: stay hydrated. They probably won’t even put a note in the board for this stop , just so the next victim can get mauled.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I work at a neighboring center to this incident , within about 30 minutes (can’t give too many details) , it DISGUSTS me that my management team never discussed this at the PCM. We are too worried about telling grown men to stay hydrated , yeah no :censored2: stay hydrated. They probably won’t even put a note in the board for this stop , just so the next victim can get mauled.
Interesting.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Real butt heads arent they?

MrBrown

I delivered to a house recently that was at the end of a long driveway. Bewasre of dogs signs lining their driveway. Have delivered multiple times before and never dealt with dogs. This time both dogs were out with the owners kid. He took control of the situation and I reluctantly delivered after confirmation they were good. The male stood in a down position while the female charged me. Right as she got to me she sat and her little nub of a tale couldnt have moved faster. She was a sweetheart, still made me nervous. Two bull mastiffs. Could have been very different. With dogs, ni1 etc. not worth it

sikidiki

Learned my lesson today, At one stop the front door had a note that said bring packages to the back, so as i go strolling around the corner without yelling ups a huge german shepard came at me and i pretty much crapped my pants but held my ground and the package in front of me and slowly backed away, he came at me and i kept backing up and eventually the invisible electric fence i didnt see got him. Scared the living :censored2: out of me and i called the owner and chewed her out asking why she would have a vicious dog in the back yard with no beware of dog signs and why a sign telling the package person to go to the back door knowing the dog is back there. So don't forget to yell ups or jingle your keys when going around corners you cant see. I also told her i will never again deliver to her back door, only the front.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Pit bulls are unpredictable. I never step foot on property where one of them are on. I don’t care how harmless the owner claims them to be. I’m a stranger and if that dog sees me as a threat he’s likely to attack. Had one pit bull owner scoff at me and laugh because I made them walk to their front gate and get their package while their pit was roaming in the front yard. “It’s okay he won’t bite, you can come on up!” Yeah... no thanks.
I feel a lot safer around a pit bull than I do around a German Shepherd. Pit bulls are a lot more clear with their body language.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I carry a concealed Cougar/Bear spray for situations like this. My very first Onroad told me UPS had a situation in the 80's where a UPS driver pulled out his pepper spray, fired it, missed the dog and got a kid in the eyes/mouth who was trying to restrain the dog(Seattle area he said). It ended up costing UPS several hundred thousands of dollars (a lot back then and UPS rarely lost lawsuits then). So UPS sent out house mail (this green bag loaded in trailers..before internet/e-mail) to all the district that pepper spray is banned at UPS.

I went years without no protection and will-called the ones I knew bad. Yet, as the internet came online and deliveries were going to virtually every address, there was no way to know every bad dog address. It was at this crack head type shack behind a house on a long driveway you had to walk in where I met up with 4-7 mean... vicious dogs without any protection and thought screw this! Luckily the owner was home and stepped outside and the dogs were inside but told me I was super lucky because they were just out. So after that and the fact we went preload/late start and I'm delivering these places in the dark. I'm getting spray. One mean dog, maybe two... that sucks but over 2 big mean dogs. That's life-threatening.

If you made it this far reading this. Does anyone know if UPS has a policy on concealed pepper spray? Either way... I always have it at the ready on any hairy situations. UPS policy or my life. I'm going against the company on that one.

My worst delivery is that mean...bad...killer... Kujo dog stop you luckily escaped from and you scroll through EDD the next day and you have another SIGNATURE REQUIRED!