dog bite?

SPHurleyGuy

Hey everyone, new member here. Been full time 6 months, with the company 4 years now. Was out in rural route on wednesday and walked up to the customer who was waiting in her door because "she didnt have any shoes on" , welp anyways as im handing the package to her a dog comes running out the door jumps up and bites my arm. Had a sweatshirt on, and 3 layers of underarmour on. Dont think it punctured my skin but it is bruised and you can definitely see where the teeth were. Told sup about it and we decided to let it be. Not trying to die of rabies. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, look forward to being a part of this forum.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have a lot of dogs on my route. For the most part when the brown truck rolls up they know there buddy is coming to see them. At some stops the dogs will jump in the cab with me. I once had two Great Danes jump in my 700. While this is all fun, until the dog gets to know me I exercise caution. I just wonder how many have gotten bit by a dog that doesn't bite.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Welcome to brown cafe!!!! I'm glad your here,glad your my bud!:hugs:
KY_Jelly____now_in_bulk_by_SleepyTim.jpg
need some? lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hey everyone, new member here. Been full time 6 months, with the company 4 years now. Was out in rural route on wednesday and walked up to the customer who was waiting in her door because "she didnt have any shoes on" , welp anyways as im handing the package to her a dog comes running out the door jumps up and bites my arm. Had a sweatshirt on, and 3 layers of underarmour on. Dont think it punctured my skin but it is bruised and you can definitely see where the teeth were. Told sup about it and we decided to let it be. Not trying to die of rabies. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all, look forward to being a part of this forum.
Always carry your diad in your hand when running resies. I learned this a long time ago. A dog tried to jump at me n bite me, needless to say he got an :censored2: whoopin from the diad, problem solved dude. Live it, learn it, love it, carrying that diad for protection.

ncupser82

I got bit by 2 bulldogs about 4 months in.,.must be a rookie thing...anyway had to get stitches in arm and leg..,I knew my skin was broken because it was gushing blood! I remember my sup telling me I needed to drive the truck back to the building, it was :censored2:ing hysterical!

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Don't get it twisted, I am a dog lover and would never hurt an animal on purpose. But you have to protect yourself if you fear any type of danger whether it be from an animal or a person. Ill give an :censored2: whoopin in a heartbeat lol.

SPHurleyGuy

Thanks for the honest replies guys. I appreciate the input. I think ill tough it out. If I stop posting in a week or so you'll know the rabies got me. But with them having a toddler around I would hope the dog was up to date anyways.
Again, look forward to being a member here.
Cheers to a long 24 1/2 years

ncupser82

Don't get it twisted, I am a dog lover and would never hurt an animal on purpose. But you have to protect yourself if you fear any type of danger whether it be from an animal or a person. Ill give an :censored2: whoopin in a heartbeat lol.
I keep a pocket knife on me...hope I never have to use it, but its there if I need it!

Sent using BrownCafe App