Dog ran over

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
“According to the mother, the driver had pulled into the driveway, even though the family had given specific delivery instructions not to do so.”

I’d like to know what those “specific delivery instructions” were. If he backed into a short driveway for a house right off the street, I get it. But if your driveway is half a mile long, how do you expect the driver to get your package to you?

That’s an awful lot of bellyaching for a dog they apparently let run free.

The Driver

I drive.
Jacobson says a UPS driver ran over and killed Tank while delivering packages last Monday. According to the mother, the driver had pulled into the driveway, even though the family had given specific delivery instructions not to do so.

This probably won't bode well for the driver if this is verifiable. Property damage.

I almost smashed a dog a month ago. Stupid thing ran right up to my front tires. Keeps my reflexes sharp!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
“According to the mother, the driver had pulled into the driveway, even though the family had given specific delivery instructions not to do so.”

I’d like to know what those “specific delivery instructions” were. If he backed into a short driveway for a house right off the street, I get it. But if your driveway is half a mile long, how do you expect the driver to get your package to you?

That’s an awful lot of bellyaching for a dog they apparently let run free.
She said ups just said sorry basically.

If ups didn’t offer any money I’d say there’s more to the story

iowa boy

Evidently putting your dog on a leash is inhumane now. I hit one back in October after it ran out to attack the truck in the street, but the owner didn't put it on its leash for the walk to the truck from the house.

And I sure as hell wouldn't leave it at the end of that driveway, who is the homeowner gonna blame if the package comes up missing?

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Of course, it’s all the driver’s fault. Never mind that the dog was running free, not tied up or behind a fence. I’m assuming this is one of those properties with a really long driveway, otherwise there would be no reason he’d have brought the truck in there in the first place.

If he had left the package at the edge of the driveway, they’d be complaining about that. If he had walked it off, he would have met “Tank” face-to-face and might’ve ended up getting bit.

I love dogs, and it’s a shame that this happened, but I feel this is 100% on the homeowner. My guess is they went public hoping to get some kind of settlement, and UPS told them to go friend themselves.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The headline should be, Irresponsible Pet Owners Kill Dog. They are responsible for the dog. Keep it away from all danger. Don't rely on others.