Dog ran over

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Then they’d complain about that.
I had a lady complain that I was leaving her pkg at end of a long driveway when she had a “ do not use driveway” note in board. Office lady removed the note in board , The following day I drove up her driveway and she yelled at me for driving up the driveway...can’t win at this job.

hegro

I had a lady complain that I was leaving her pkg at end of a long driveway when she had a “ do not use driveway” note in board. Office lady removed the note in board , The following day I drove up her driveway and she yelled at me for driving up the driveway...can’t win at this job.
So do you tell the lady to shove it or do you actually walk it off now?

JustDeliverIt

UPS will blame you.

I actually thought they would, but they didn't. Asked if I was ok and the truck was still operational. Came back, they straightened out the bumper and ready to roll the next day. Was never brought up to me again, actually told me I did the right thing by not swerving and running the truck off the road.

Poop Head

Judge me.
That driver has been showing up to work with this patch, since the incident
misc-girlieskull-design-300x300.jpg

MAKAVELI

Evidently putting your dog on a leash is inhumane now. I hit one back in October after it ran out to attack the truck in the street, but the owner didn't put it on its leash for the walk to the truck from the house.

And I sure as hell wouldn't leave it at the end of that driveway, who is the homeowner gonna blame if the package comes up missing?
Leashing up a dog on a walk is one thing but Leashing it it up in a yard only makes them more aggressive. The best thing to do is if you are concerned about leaving the package at the driveway, put a door tag on it and leave it to customer to bare the responsibility of the safety of their dog.

Bob11B

I ran over a puppy once on a customer’s property. The owner’s response? “Well, we have too many anyway.” She was right, but it still sucks to see a puppy not get a chance in life because their owner is a maroon.

Attachments

• 0EB9756F-9F83-4540-96BD-6E3B4A4A71D0.png
    0EB9756F-9F83-4540-96BD-6E3B4A4A71D0.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 75

JL 0513

I'll never understand why dogs intentionally run in front of vehicles. Apparently they think they can actually stop several tons of moving steel from trespassing their beloved owners property.

UrFellowUpser

friend*ing hate dogs they are so dumb and everyone has one. I hate it when they run up on me licking me and wagging their tail and crap. I always have to tell the owner to please get your stupid dog away from me.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Ran over a dog last year.....came running out of the garage and down the driveway and ran under the passenger side right before the rear tires. Really never saw the guy other than a blur in the corner of my eye. The lady and her daughters screamed like something out of a horror movie. Evidently the husband let the dog out and well.....that sort of answered that question.

Worst part was that regardless of my fault in this or lack there of, the “UPS guy” ran over in their dog. To this day that lady still won’t look at me and this year there was no Christmas gift for me.

They were at fault.....not I or UPS. Unfortunately we live in a “victim mentality” world and it just wouldn’t be possible in this “I need a virtual group hug” world for someone not to run to Facebook and cry about their dog being run over by a UPS truck.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ran over a dog last year.....came running out of the garage and down the driveway and ran under the passenger side right before the rear tires. Really never saw the guy other than a blur in the corner of my eye. The lady and her daughters screamed like something out of a horror movie. Evidently the husband let the dog out and well.....that sort of answered that question.

Worst part was that regardless of my fault in this or lack there of, the “UPS guy” ran over in their dog. To this day that lady still won’t look at me and this year there was no Christmas gift for me.

They were at fault.....not I or UPS. Unfortunately we live in a “victim mentality” world and it just wouldn’t be possible in this “I need a virtual group hug” world for someone not to run to Facebook and cry about their dog being run over by a UPS truck.
I delivered to a house in a rural area before and their 3 dogs ALWAYS run up to the truck and around the tires where I can't see them. Plus I have to back up so it's a real pain having to get out, shoo them away, then try and back before they run back at the tuck. So I delivered there again yesterday and left their amazon crap at the gate and put "dogs" in remarks in the diad. Come into work this morning to a customer complaint because they don't want their stuff at the gate and their dogs "aren't a problem." So again I have them today and.........I left their crap at the gate again. :censored2: them and their dumb dogs, if your dogs come anywhere near my truck then I ain't coming in your driveway.

Poop Head

Judge me.

Start a "go fund me page" for them?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I delivered to a house in a rural area before and their 3 dogs ALWAYS run up to the truck and around the tires where I can't see them. Plus I have to back up so it's a real pain having to get out, shoo them away, then try and back before they run back at the tuck. So I delivered there again yesterday and left their amazon crap at the gate and put "dogs" in remarks in the diad. Come into work this morning to a customer complaint because they don't want their stuff at the gate and their dogs "aren't a problem." So again I have them today and.........I left their crap at the gate again. :censored2: them and their dumb dogs, if your dogs come anywhere near my truck then I ain't coming in your driveway.
Walk it off? Bring your shovel in case they frisky