Dog Stories

rod

Retired 22 years
my brother in law just paid out $15,000 ( or should I say his insurance company did) because his "precious" poodle bit a little girl in the face. He still won't admit it was the dogs fault. Maybe the next time (and there will be a next time) the money will come out of his own pocket and he will learn to keep the mutt under control. Personally I would't give you a nickle for every poodle in the world. The average dog bite when I was working cost the owners $5,000 if they broke skin

Ms Spoken

You can always tell when a dog person feels they or their flea bags have been attacked. Well Ms. Spoken I think the only "AH's" on this thread are people who value a dogs happiness over people's safety.Tell me what did I say that was so funny, you can't even think of training or muzzling your pooch? Such language from you makes me think I was wrong, the muzzle then is for you.

I use the underground fence for both of my labs to keep them in the yard. I never said that anyone was in danger of coming onto our property. The only time you would be unsafe at this house is after dark. If the dog doesnt chew on you my 9mm will.

Dave I never dreamed you would make such a statement about me. All I asked for was some ideas for an outside drop box and no dog bashing and look at what you did. As for dog training my labs are young and I hope for them to be good hunting dogs for my boys but, that still will not stop them from tearing everything up that gets left at our house when we are not around.

Maybe your the one who needs a bit more training on how not to pray on the weakness of someone else just so it makes you feel like a bigger, better person when only your the weak link.

peace.

Folk Fury

Old and in the way
Personally I like dogs, but I don't have the time to take care of one. Maybe when I retire I'll get a golden retriever. However, way too many people don't control their dog or train them properly and expect everyone else to watch out..

You hit the mark there, Been There. I mostly agree with the maxim, "There is no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad dog owner."
Now every once in awhile a psycho pooch will emerge but for the most part spending time with and training your dog is a must. I have 4 canines at this time, each a member of the family. They have a big, secured back yard to run in and my wife and son spend lots of time with them. When we lived out in the country, I had 14 dogs, mostly coon hounds. I've never had a dog that couldn't be trained.
I'd have much rather given the dog owner a pop in the chops instead of the pooch but she wasn't physically threatening me at the time.:laugh:

Folk

30andout

I have had more problems with small dogs than large ones. Had three poodles at me at once two in front of me and the third snuck under my truck and got me in the back of the calf. I couldn't even kick him back, he went back under the truck and ran before I could.

rod

Retired 22 years
I use the underground fence for both of my labs to keep them in the yard. I never said that anyone was in danger of coming onto our property. The only time you would be unsafe at this house is after dark. If the dog doesnt chew on you my 9mm will.

Dave I never dreamed you would make such a statement about me. All I asked for was some ideas for an outside drop box and no dog bashing and look at what you did. As for dog training my labs are young and I hope for them to be good hunting dogs for my boys but, that still will not stop them from tearing everything up that gets left at our house when we are not around.

Maybe your the one who needs a bit more training on how not to pray on the weakness of someone else just so it makes you feel like a bigger, better person when only your the weak link.

peace.
Wow! I think half of my time spent delivering residentials was "after dark" Sure glad you weren't on my route. I would of delivered your :censored2: to the cops.

mittam

I'm a cover driver and do a lot of country routes, most people have one of those rubber made brand bins with lids to keep dogs out and to get packages out of the weather, they are usually about 4 feet wide 3 feet deep and 2 feet across with doors and lid that opens hope this helps

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
and you belong on a leash...MS. SPOKEN didn't say you were funny, She said you TRIED to be funny. She asked about a container for her packages and you TRIED to turn it all around to sound as though she was complaining about something.

And as for my own story, I forgot to mention that my dog was in a separate pen away from the power meter, not that it would have made any difference to you dave, or me either. DO NOT FEED MY ANIMALS WITHOUT PERMISSION! GOT IT?

With the likes of dave_socal on the loose as well as the other revengeful posters here, I've contacted the local UPS Center and asked them to hold all my packages for will call. Please stay out of my yard at all costs (especially you dave). thanks

wonderboy
Oh! Boo Hoo! really gosh I'm going to miss delivering your George Foreman Grill to your trailer park so save it for the fedex girl then.

ragu

I have had more problems with small dogs than large ones. Had three poodles at me at once two in front of me and the third snuck under my truck and got me in the back of the calf. I couldn't even kick him back, he went back under the truck and ran before I could.

I would love to have three little poodles run up to me at three second intervals, just enough time to get my feet set, I would send those things up over the house into the backyard like I was Adam Vinatieri.

30andout

I would love to have three little poodles run up to me at three second intervals, just enough time to get my feet set, I would send those things up over the house into the backyard like I was Adam Vinatieri.
That was my intention but those little smile** are quick.

Ms Spoken

Wow! I think half of my time spent delivering residentials was "after dark" Sure glad you weren't on my route. I would of delivered your :censored2: to the cops.

The only problem you would have here is anytime after 11pm.. Thats when this house goes on lockdown and the dogs will let me know if there is a problem.

To everyone one else thanks for some good ideas.. I have ended up placing a Hold on all my pkgs that way they never make it on the truck. But, finding it in the buld will be another problem in it's self. Oh well it will work for now till the pups are over their chew stage in life.

30andout

The only problem you would have here is anytime after 11pm.. Thats when this house goes on lockdown and the dogs will let me know if there is a problem.

To everyone one else thanks for some good ideas.. I have ended up placing a Hold on all my pkgs that way they never make it on the truck. But, finding it in the buld will be another problem in it's self. Oh well it will work for now till the pups are over their chew stage in life.
Feed the little guys more often and they won't want to eat cardboard.:lol: :lol:

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER

Well good! solved your own problem. Now maybe this thread can get back to the original intent which was Dog Stories as they relate to UPS personal making deliveries,not doggies being notty geez. Please someone post dog bites man or man bites dog story which ever....Toddler scarred for life by dog attack | NEWS.com.au this one hits home Dog Attack - New Jersey Law Firm

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have had several customers that have used boxes with a top lid and hasp. Works well.

Getting back to dogs, I used to give the ones on my route a treat once in a while, it keeps them in one place chewing while you leave instead of chasing you down the drive. But then we had a customer that lost a dog due to someone using a poison, and they told us no more. Hard to prove inocence. And come to think about it, it does open the UPS driver to liability should the dog get into something else later on that day that kills him or makes him very sick.

About 6 years ago, one of our drivers hit a dog on the guys farm driveway. He was successful in making UPS pay for a trip to Ireland to choose a new animal, and the flight back for both him and the new pooch. While not positive on the cost, I heard it was around 38 grand.

I hit one a few years back that squeezed the intestines out of the rectum. Here it was trying to waddle with 18 inches of guts hanging out the rear. He survived.

Or the damn dog that was chasing the truck in a cast from where I hit him earlier in the week.

Then there was the rotwieler that tried to grab my rear tire on an old 400. The bottom jaw got caught on the tread of the tire and then as I rolled over the lower jaw the teeth pushed into the rubber. That dog flipped end over end for several rotations before I could get stopped.

OR the dog, whose collar got hung in the chain on the rear tire.

The most bizarre was when my back axle hit the rear of a dogs head and popped the eyes out of the head. Kinda reminded me of that bra Madonna wore on that awards show quite a while back. I ended up catching him and taking him to the vet, and I called the owner to explain what happened. Anyway, that one had to be put to sleep.

I guess in my career, I hit more than 100 dogs, cats seem to be a bit smarter.

d

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
For those of you that dont know, Wonderboy is a cover for someone that has passed themselves off as an attorney several times. Problem is when challenged to prove their point, they never could.

Now it seems that wonderboy is none other than our beloved susie. Cant keep a good man down! It would seem that she again is trying to goad anger from others this time, not just a couple.

Shame, she/he/it made a good point, but as usual let her total hatred shine through and ruin the message.

d

W

wonderboy

For those of you that dont know, Wonderboy is a cover for someone that has passed themselves off as an attorney several times. Problem is when challenged to prove their point, they never could.

Now it seems that wonderboy is none other than our beloved susie. Cant keep a good man down! It would seem that she again is trying to goad anger from others this time, not just a couple.

Shame, she/he/it made a good point, but as usual let her total hatred shine through and ruin the message.

d

wrong again danniboy

It seem's your lack of legal expertise is equaled by your lack of detective skills. That's a surprise!! lol Just one of reasons you are so entertaining I guess.

Your obsession with susiedriver is clouding your judgment(even more than usual?).

My name is Fred and I'm never going to give you free legal advice other than a preliminary consultation so just get over it.

wonderboy

over9five

Staff member
"..after dark. If the dog doesnt chew on you my 9mm will."

I agree with Rod. That's a pretty despicable (if not violent) remark to make in a forum where many of us do deliver after dark.

If a customer ever said that to me, I would report it to the police.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Anyway, that one had to be put to sleep.

I guess in my career, I hit more than 100 dogs, cats seem to be a bit smarter.

d
You've got to be kidding right? One or two dogs under you truck in a career would be unfortunate but 100! That is ridiculous and is completely unbelievable, unless you are Mr. Magoo which I'm now predisposed to accept. Why would UPS, with your travesty of a driving record, let you near a package car. Answer : they wouldn't ! So please now that you've spun another of your parodies reduce the meds and recover some of your standing with a tale of how you,once, delivered to the White House.

rod

Retired 22 years
You've got to be kidding right? One or two dogs under you truck in a career would be unfortunate but 100! That is ridiculous and is completely unbelievable, unless you are Mr. Magoo which I'm now predisposed to accept. Why would UPS, with your travesty of a driving record, let you near a package car. Answer : they wouldn't ! So please now that you've spun another of your parodies reduce the meds and recover some of your standing with a tale of how you,once, delivered to the White House.
Wow 100 dogs hit. I would say dannyboy has done a lot of ditch driving to claim that record. I did hit 3 in 30 years and 2 of those committed suicide by trying to chase a a truck on icy roads. Yes I did feel bad but it could of been avoided if the owners were more responsible.