DOK Test

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Our center had a listing posted showing each driver with a date next to their name, and a time they would take the DOK test. All drivers to be completed by April 1 or so.

Now there is a list posted with every drivers name, and dates going out to June for the DOK re-test.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our center had a listing posted showing each driver with a date next to their name, and a time they would take the DOK test. All drivers to be completed by April 1 or so.

Now there is a list posted with every drivers name, and dates going out to June for the DOK re-test.

They could call the wall this list hangs on "The Wall of Shame".
Seems like an unprofessional tactic designed to humiliate and embarrass employees that don't score as highly as management would like.

drewed

Shankman
They could call the wall this list hangs on "The Wall of Shame".
Seems like an unprofessional tactic designed to humiliate and embarrass employees that don't score as highly as management would like.
How is it a wall of shame when every drivers on it? Do you guys not do these monthly? Up here EVERYONE does one every month

No such person

Southern Ct.
It's interesting, in my center 3 drivers have gotten awards for safe driving in the last month or so for 16, 21 and 25 years, and they all say the DOK questions had nothing to do with it. Guess they were just lucky.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How is it a wall of shame when every drivers on it? Do you guys not do these monthly? Up here EVERYONE does one every month

To me retest would seem to imply a failure on the previous try.
That's how I read it anyway.
If it is indeed "everybody", sounds like labor-free money.
I've never taken one.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Too much brainpower required to remember all the acronyms. DOK - Acronym for test of....other acronyms & catchy phases. I want the job of the person who came up with all the dumb acronyms / names / phrases

over9five

Staff member
I have until April 16th. to relearn AGKLM.

Or else what?

Our local president has taken a strong stand on this. There's a copy of a letter from him to management stating his opposition to any discipline regarding DOK questions. He even suggests they should be more concerned with gaining volume and protecting jobs.
Great letter!

tae111

I know a guy who can recite these backwards and forward. He can't seem to get past 5 years safe driving. Right now I couldn't pass this test but I just got my 30 year safe driving award. Go figure.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
The DOK, loadstands, 3 points of contact, face the ladder when going up or down, beep when backing, all of it, has never, ever been for the safety of the employees. Once you understand that, it all makes sense, as perverted & twisted as it may be.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Or else what?

Our local president has taken a strong stand on this. There's a copy of a letter from him to management stating his opposition to any discipline regarding DOK questions. He even suggests they should be more concerned with gaining volume and protecting jobs.
Great letter!
Can I have a copy of it, 0? Wonder how well that would work here.